BeBe Pod

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's fun watching the changes in Cayman's strength from week to week. Since last week she rolls herself from her belly to her back now, and when on her belly she lifts her head and shoulders off the ground for a few seconds. Her head control is getting so much better. She's a bit of a bobble-head still but it's coming along well. I thought I would try out her BeBe Pod today. She sits in her corner chair for up to 20 minutes at a time so I was curious at how well she could sit without support behind her head.

Check her out!!!I took a receiving blanket, rolled it up and stuffed it in the BeBe Pod so she would have full torso support. She doesn't quite fill out the Pod. She's such a tiny tot. She's finally over 13 pounds...but only by .07 ounces. Once her torso was fully supported she was able to control her head. She tolerated it for only 1 minute and she started to topple over. She wanted to keep playing with the toy though even as her head was tipped to its side. She looked terribly uncomfortable so I took the tray off to take her out and she was not happy. She didn't want to stop playing.

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL & AMAZING!!!!

Kacey Bode said...

YAY CAYMAN!! That is so great!!!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

She is doing so great! She is beautiful! I totally understand the "littleness" factor. Kaiden is still a little guy. Hunter is the opposite of him in just about every way! He can wear 6-9 month sleepers and he's only 4 months old! haha...guess no one will ever confuse them! Love ya'll

Sara said...

Awwws how cute is she.. GOOO CAYMAN! YAY!!

I dont understand the little factor cuz my guy is 20.2lbs....and growing!!1

But how adorable is she!

Lisa Christine said...

Look at her! She is so focused!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cayman!!! You must be so proud of her hard work. She has made amazing progress with the corner chair. Up to 20 minutes already is a huge acomplishment. Riley had to use one of those but his looked like a mid evil torture contraption. It was all would and hard. He loved it though because it suddenly gave him a whole new view of the world. He moved into the bumbo chair too and it makes me giggle to see Cayman needing padding in the chair since we had to quit using it with Riley because he bum and thighs were so big the chair would stick to him when you went to get him out.

Way to go Cayman! Keep up the hard work and I'm sure we will see pictures of you sitting on your own before you know it.

my life: said...

Look at that biggest girl!!!! I love those seats...(we had a bumbo, but same idea)

Yay Cayman!!! Yay mommy....I know how exciting this is...

Jennifer said...

She looks like such a big girl sitting in that Pod. :) Yay Cayman!!

Anonymous said...

Good for Cayman!! She sits so tall and well in it!!!! She is amazing!!!!
Love ya guys,
valerie

Jill S. said...

Way to go Cayman!! She is SOO cute in her pod! It's fun to watch them experience the world from a different viewpoint, isn't it! Fun fun!

Jill

Anonymous said...

It looks like she's saying, "Well, here I am--take my picture!"

I'm amazed at how fast she is growing up.

Anonymous said...

she is so cute!! i miss her!!

Kendal Faith's mommy said...

Hello! I have been following your daughter's story since she was born. My daughter was born on Feb. 5th, 08 with congenital hydrocephalus also. Kendal's story is on Owen's website. I love the bebe pod. I wanted to know where you got the tray for it? You can email me at stephanie.capps@hotmail.com
Thanks, Steph