Sick

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The only part of life before kids I knew I would miss is when I would be sick...being able to sleep when I want for however long I want.

Well it's happened. For the first time since Cayman was born I am sick. Cayman is under the weather too.

I hate being sick. Feeling miserable. Dishes that need washed. Laundry waiting to be done. Messes to be picked up. But no energy do any of it.

It's not all that bad actually. Daddy's at home with us. He's not sick but he mildly injured his hamstring this past week at football practice. Apparently playing in a game against the 8th graders is brutal.

Daddy may move a little slower than usual but he's doing a great job nursing Cayman and I back to health. He's cooked awesome meals, washed the dishes, fed Cayman, and even vacuumed. What a guy!!

Mike's job search still continues. The potential opportunities that have come through so far would require us to relocate. We just moved!! We don't want to move again!!! So the plan is to hold out for a few more months before we get desperate and geographically widen the search.

10 Showin' Comment Love:

Jennifer Owens said...

Would you move back here? That would be so great. you are missed greatly.

Anonymous said...

You can only move if you move to ARIZONA!! :O)

Kacey Bode said...

Sorry you guys aren't feeling well! SO, Spokane has an excellent children's hospital, and a wonderful school that Cayman could go to : )

Anonymous said...

OOH I vote for Spokane too. I'm not exactly sure what your hubby does for a living but I'm sure we can find something for him.

Anonymous said...

HEY Wait a minute - us Grandmas need to have some input here..... You can leave Cayman & Kristen with us... Sorry Mike....

Jill S. said...

Grandma Cindy--

My mom would say the same thing,too! It's hard for Grandma's to think about that, my mom and dad still hates the fact we're 4 hours away and we've been here 9 years.

Psst... Kristen..we'd take you in Lincoln!...Hee hee..!

Jill S. said...

ooops forgot to add....Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying that you are feeling much better!! I dread that day I am sick now that I have a little one!! And, no u can't move either!!!!!!!
love ya
Valerie

Lisa Christine said...

True, true, it's NO fun being sick when you have children to tend to.

Take care and get well soon!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! I just started blogging about my daughter too...thanks to your cousin, Allison. We work together at OHVA and she told me to check out your blog. I will keep checking up on Cayman and you! :) Thanks for sharing.