Funny Words

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some time ago I had received an email forward about the funny combination of words a parent might have to say to their children. I wanted to post that forward along with this blog but I can not find it. It had different combination of words like:

"Stop shooting your sister."

"Licking is not acceptable in the car."

"Drop that sword and that snake and go to your room."

I think you get the idea.

Yesterday I said something to my niece that could be added to that list:

"Just leave the boogers in there until we get to Grandma's house."

Here's the story:
Mike's family all got together yesterday for supper. Before dinner Uncle Mark, Aunt Cara, Aunt Sam, and Mike went golfing at a coarse 20 minutes from Grandma Sue and Grandpa's house. Mike and I live near Uncle Mark, Aunt Cara, and their two girls, Sidney and CeCe so we carpooled together. I dropped the four golfers off and drove our van (that now only had Cayman, Sidney, and CeCe in it) to Grandma Sue's house. On our way to the house this is how the conversation between Sidney and I went:

"Aunt Kristen, I need a tissue."

"OK, I can't get you one right now while I'm driving. We'll soon be to Grandma's house, can you wait?"

"Umm, I'm not sure."

"Is your nose dripping?"

"It's not dripping, it has dried boogers up there that are stuck."

"OK, we'll soon be there."

"I think I can get them unstuck with my finger."

"NO! Just leave the boogers in there until we get to Grandma's house."

A minute passes and I hear Sidney say, "I got it unstuck with my finger, what should I do with it?"

"Oh geesh, ummmm........just hold onto it. We're about there and then I'll get you a tissue."

Another minute passes and Sidney says, "How much longer til we get there. I don't know how much longer I can keep holding it."

It cracked me up!!

Anybody else have anything unusual they have spoken?

5 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Kris, I loved that story! it's so cute! I can picture you both in the car...having this conversation. I say weird things all the time...i'm sure you've heard of few of them! haha.

Lisa Christine said...

uh, yes, I have had that exact conversation before, I'm sure :)

Sara said...

That is the cutest story ever! I had a conversation simaler with my nephew with the booger cepts his booger ended up on my window :-)lol.

Eww

But that had to of been the cutest story ever

Tara said...

I say weird things to my kids EVERYDAY! You would probably think I was nuts! Sometimes I honestly find myself saying things that my mom used to say to me and my brothers when we were younger.. I never say when I was a kid because in my parents eyes ill always be their little kid... You will have many more conversations like that to come! Enjoy! I believe one I said to James was it's rude to fart and not say excuse me.. I had a room full of people laughing at me.. IDK how that was so funny..

Mrs. Smith said...

Kid conversations are SOOO funny! Stuff they say is far more hysterical than how we try to respond to it!
I took my now 5 year old son to Red Lobster a couple years ago, I think he was 3. He was looking at all the lobsters in the tank, and kept asking "why are those crabs in there?" I kept reminding him that those were lobsters, but he for some reason really wanted to see some crabs. So when the hostess lady came out to seat us, he walked right up to her and said, "Hey, do you have crabs?" She looked at him like she was SO appalled he would ask such a thing, and I had to step in and say, "No, not THOSE crabs! We ARE at a seafood place, right?" It was the funniest thing ever, the look on her face! Aaaah, the things that our kids come up with! I can't wait to tell him that story in about 10 years!