Cayman's Latest Tricks

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cayman has three new tricks she has been doing lately:

  1. Thumb sucking - I don't know where she picked this up at. She will not take to a pacifier, she prefers her thumb (and fingers). I think she particularly likes the extra bump that is on her right thumb. It's like her own personal built in teether. :o)
  2. Rolling- Cayman tucks her feet up and rolls to her side.
  3. Holding her head up - it's only for a few seconds, but hey, that's progress!! It's a lot of work to hold up that big 'Ole head of hers. We're so proud of her!!
This video is Cayman rolling, and doing a little bit of thumb sucking. You will hear how she is still very verbal. Whenever she goes off on some tangent like this I always run to check on her to make sure she's alright. She always sounds so upset but once I look at her face I realize she's just talking, not fussing.


Here is Cayman's progress in holding up her head.

11 Showin' Comment Love:

Tara said...

Kristen-
Just to forwarn you it's dark and im preggo tierd lol! But my goodness look at her hold her head! I remember when Michelle was about 5 months we asked our home help nurse to weigh her.. She was like 9 pounds and I asked her to weigh her head it was almost 3 pounds!! I know for some "why would you weigh her head".. Sheer curiosity.. I then knew why she couldnt hold her head up! It weighed too much! Her and that big 'ole brain of hers lol! I am so proud of Cayman all the way from California! P.s. how do you like that gym?? I was thinking of getting the new baby one.. IDK though!
Take care!

Jennifer said...

She is so cute!!!! I love listening to baby chatter!

Sherri said...

I think you may have a dancer or track star on your hands! She moves those little legs so fast! I'm so happy to see her doing so well :)
She is so adorable. Isn't it fun to watch them learn new things?

Lisa Christine said...

I love seeing videos! She is doing great! You're right, she is very vocal!

Anonymous said...

she is so adorable!! i think she was sayin that she misses her Aunt Sam...and wants me to hold her more than grandma gets too! haha.

Lisa Christine said...

It was a delight talking to you today :) It's nice to put a 'voice' to face! Take care!

Sara said...

Look how cute she is!!! I had kadyn watching this to me, andi think he understood her because once he heard her he begun to babble.

Im so proud that she can hold her head up so well. Kadyns head was ALOT bigger then hers so he wasnt even trying. He is now though haha.

Those videos where tooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big and more beautiful everyday. I remember when you first got that mat, she looked so tiny on it. It's great to see her progressing so well.

I did understand what she was saying. She said, "I miss my Grandmas. I want to go visit them."

Kacey Bode said...

Cayman looks so great!! She sure is getting strong!! I love the talking it is so precious!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You got me to thinking, so I changed the wording a little. I was very blessed to have what I did with my dad. :o)

Amy J. said...

What a beautiful angel your daughter is! I loved watching her new talents, thank you for sharing.

I am Lisa's cousin.

Check back on my blog in a few days and I will post how to both "feather" the edge of a photo and how to put together the collage. But by the looks of your photography you don't need a lot of editing tips! =)