Hearing Aids and 17 weeks

Thursday, September 9, 2010

There is a lot going on this week and things are getting exciting.

Cayman is getting her hearing aids today. Our insurance still does not want to pay for it but U of M is giving us loaner aids while we fight it out. Isn't that nice? Cayman's needs don't have to wait just because of their stubbornness. I will do an upcoming post about her new devices and all that was found regarding Cayman's ears on a CT scan. And I will also post about her eyes too and how that check up went. She's been a very busy little girl.

On the pregnancy front, I am 17 weeks now. Baby has been moving a lot more. Yesterday I felt the tiny kicks at least seven times. I wouldn't call it a "flutter" or "tickling" as some will say about their experiences. Instead I would describe it to feel more like the faintest drum beat or a tiny bubble popping, if that makes any sense.

I am one week away from my anatomy ultrasound. I am beyond excited for this appointment :). Mike too. Seriously, we are! There's still a spot deep in the pit of my stomach that feels nervous about it. But right now I am excited and I am thankful for that. It has been my goal to make this pregnancy enjoyable and not get caught up in the whirl wind of worries. The fears are still there but they do not rob the happiness we feel over expecting a baby again. There is a freedom I feel in not letting that worry bind me and overtake my joy. I can not accomplish that on my own. It really does take the joy of the Lord to be my strength. And the fact that I am excited for the upcoming ultrasound next week reveals how mighty that truth is because I am a natural worrier. That part comes so easy to me.

Here's the picture for the week {from BabyCenter.com}.



9 Showin' Comment Love:

Beth said...

YAY!! What a great hospital UofM must be to give loaner aids!! Can't wait to hear all the updates!

Gretchen said...

So much news, how very exciting! Cayman will sport those little hearing aids in the cutest of ways, we can't wait to see them. Insurance will fold and do what is right for her. Oh, a new baby! Um, you have better set a newborn hat wearing limit, or that kid will be wearing a new hat every day for years!

Tara said...

Yay for the ultrasound and even more yay for the hearing aides!

I do hope the insurance compnay stops being a pain and you are able to get them for good! Can't wait to see Cayman in them!!

Sue said...

Aren't feeling those first movements of the baby the best....so hard to describe, but so wonderful to feel. Hope your trip to Ann Arbor went well.

Lisa Christine said...

I am SO excited for yor ultra sound too! I can't wait to hear if Cayman is getting a little brother, or a little sister!

Michelle said...

whew - a busy week for you! I really hope that you are able to get the insurance company to pay for the hearing aids. Ours would not, though they happily covered the cochlear implant - go figure.

Have fun at the ultrasound!

Jill S. said...

I cannot, absolutely cannot, wait to find out what you guys are having!! I am excited!!!!

That is so nice of U of M to give out Loaner hearing aids! That way it gives you one less stress, while you battle it out with the insurance company.

Tiffany said...

Insurance = yuck. Can't wait for your ultrasound either!!

*Monica said...

A little bubble popping is exactly what my first baby movements felt like. So excited for you!

And can't wait to see how the aids change Cayman's world.