A Few Myrtle Beach Vacation Highlights, Part 1

Friday, July 16, 2010

**(Part 1 - Yes that does mean that there will likely be several posts about this vacation. Kind of like when you were a kid and your relatives made you sit through a slideshow of their vacation.)**

For many months, stretching far back into this past winter, Mike has been longing for a vacation. Practically begging for one at times. We would discuss it, look over the budget, and conclude that it just was not the right time. But he never gave up. He continued to search. And one day Mike found it - an incredible vacation deal that even I could not argue.

But I did have another opposing point - I'm pregnant! Which translated for me means I am feeling a lot of tiredness and some morning sickness. The thought of vacation sounded like a lot of work, mostly in taking care of Cayman on-the-go. Mike asked me, if he made sure that part was all taken care of and would not be any more hassle, would I agree to this vacation?

In what I would call a delirious pregnant moment while laying on the couch nauseous I responded, "Sure. Just don't make me have to think anymore."

The very excited Mike began to plan and make arrangements.

In order to make sure traveling with Cayman was as easiest as possible he knew we needed babysitters. And who makes for better [free] babysitters than Grandparents! :)

So Grandma Sue, Grandpa Mark, and Aunt Sam came along with us!

Our time together was so much fun! And their help with Cayman provided the relaxing vacation Mike promised this would be. And Sue is the queen of snacks and she always seemed to be carrying something that sounded good to me to eat that helped curb my nausea.

The vacation was an incredible time and I am so glad Mike insisted we take it!


The 6 of us and all of our luggage packed into our van in route to the airport.


We flew out of Detroit, Michigan straight to our vacation destination:

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina


9 Showin' Comment Love:

Lisa Christine said...

First!

I did it!!!

(now I need to read the post :) )

Lisa Christine said...

lol....I love that even your luggage is red!!

Can't wait to read more details!

*Monica said...

So glad you had a great getaway!

Joyce said...

ok so I was going to point out the red luggage but Lisa already beat me to it:) I am so happy you all got to make a trip out of our lovely state. Sounds like Mike did some great planning. I can't wait to see all the fun you had.

Diane said...

You guys totally deserved this vacation and glad it ended up being relaxing for you. I can't wait for part 2, 3, etc.

Diane, Tyler's mom

dswillis said...

tell me more. I may have to live my vacation through your posts.

Sue said...

I don't think anything makes me chuckle more than all the OSU gear in your pictures....that is always taken care of whether in Michigan or Ohio...good going!! What a great hubby for taking care of....everything....I think you better keep him!!

Grandma Cindy said...

WELCOME HOME! Thanks for the great slide show tonight! Great to have you home!

Jill S. said...

Glad Mike took care of everything for you...I hope he does for the next vaca, too. Knowing Mike, he will!

Can't wait to see you, again!