It's 4:35 a.m.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Two days ago when I talked to the Neurosurgeon's office about the changes we have seen in the appearance of Cayman's shunt, it was decided to move up her scheduled MRI. So instead of it being in two months from now it is today.

At 7 a.m.

The arrival time for these things are 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.

6:45 a.m.

Which means, we are leaving our house at 4:45 a.m.

Don't ask me what time we had to wake up.

I am wishing I was a morning person or a coffee drinker at the least.

I am propelled this morning though with a type of eager energy to get these scans done. Cayman will not only have a fast MRI of her brain, she will also have a belly ultrasound performed. Two tangible results that will hopefully put our minds at ease that the shunt is working properly. I do feel confident that we will receive good news. She has been acting more like her usual self as of yesterday even though her shunt has remained puffy. But there is a little piece in the back of my mind that is afraid to let my guard down and fully believe she is okay. I do not want to miss even the tiniest of signs (if that is possible). And that is why our bags have remained pack since Monday and will be going along with us to the trip to Ann Arbor today, just in case.

But I hope to return later with good news.

The kind of news that will lift a great load off my mind.

The kind of news that will send me running and rejoicing through the halls of the hospital.

The kind of news that will make the long drive back home feel joyful that we got a "free" outing together as a family.

The kind of news that will make me fall into my soft and luscious bed at home and slumber peacefully for the first in several nights now.



Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure.
-Psalm 16:9

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Jill S. said...

I'm awake (thank you Matthew),and I'm just praying for you guys. I have no idea why I clicked on your blog (I'd read yesterday's blog yesterday), other than I guess I DO know why. I needed to go here, to pray for you.

Prayers being lifted to heaven for a good nights rest tonight and for safe travels :)

Anonymous said...

praying for safe travels and good results. And a sound mind for you guys.

Stephanie said...

Praying all is well and you can have that restful slumber

Shannon said...

Praying for Cayman today. I know the stress involved with "puffy" shunts and waiting for those coveted scan results. Hope to hear good news later.

Diane said...

Praying everything will go well today and you can rest assure that her shunt IS working. Safe travels.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

SO glad you do not have to wait 2 months! Praying for today :)

Joyce said...

Praying for good news. Hopefully a little siesta is in the cards too.

Lisa Christine said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for good news!!!!

Gabriella said...

Oh, I hope it's good news for you!