Another Shunt Revision

Monday, June 21, 2010

Well, here's a redundant story...


Cayman is back in the hospital.

Late afternoon on Sunday Cayman woke up from her nap just not acting like her usual rested self. Then she vomited. Within seconds we threw stuff in the vehicle and out the door we went to the local E.R.

They transported us by ambulance to the U of M hospital.

We spent the night in their E.R. until about 4:30 a.m. when Cayman was admitted into the PICU.

At 11 a.m. she went into surgery.

She still has a VP shunt. Yippee! That's a very good thing! But she is back to a programmable shunt now.

Since surgery...

She has eaten some.

Drank a little.

Played peek-a-boo a few times.

And has slept a lot.

If all continues as planned, we'll be going home tomorrow.

20 Showin' Comment Love:

My name is Sarah said...

Oh Cayman, I have been thinking about you. I hope you get to go home tomorrow.

Tara said...

LOTS of prayers for a homecoming tomorrow!! Your little girl has touched my heart so much! Keep your chin up mommy and daddy!

Michelle said...

Hmmm...maybe those T-shirts we've all been thinking about should mention groundhog day....

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through it again. *hugs* and warm wishes for a quick trip home!

*Monica said...

awww, poor girlie. I hope she is back to her regular self soon!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

Hope you are back home soon. It is always easier to take care of everyone at home! Praying for you guys and praying that you get the rest you need too right now Kristen! Miss you guys. Give each other a big hug from me!

Diane said...

I've been thinking of you guys all day. Glad to hear the surgery went well and she still has a VP shunt. I am praying you will all be back in your own beds tomorrow.

Diane, Tyler's mom

The James Family said...

Hey Kris I talked to your mom when she was driving home from the hospital tonight - it was very good to hear her voice! I'm glad that Cayman is doing better and hopefully on the road to full recovery! I told your mom tonight that I would give ANYTHING to be with you!! I love you so much and you guys are always in my thoughts and prayers!! Love you girl!

Kassy said...

So sorry to hear this! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Lindsay said...

So sorry that Cayman had to have surgery again. Wow you guys have had quite a month!!! Glad it's programmable now!

Jolene said...

Awww I am so sorry to hear about your little one having to go through this surgery! My daughter also has hydrocephalus with a vp shunt so I know the ups and downs! I hope she heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Cayman needed another surgery so soon. Have been thinking of you all constantly. Hope your home asap.

Jill S. said...

Glad to hear all went well. Been thinking of you all day. Tell Cayman it's time to get off of "groundhog day" We spent some time there and it is no fun..

I hope you guys get to go home tomorrow. And if Cayman naps, you NEED to nap...You MUST take care of yourself.... :) Oh did I mention I start getting very protective of my pregnant friends??? just so you're warned :)

Sue said...

One thing you can say about that adorable little Cayman.....she keeps life interesting!!! Hope all looks well this morning and hope you will be coming home! In my thoughts....as usual!!

Unknown said...

Awwwww....... Poor baby! Poor Momma and Daddy! So glad she is still able to have a VP shunt. Praying all contines well and for her speedy recovery!

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you all.

Josephine said...

Oh sweet Cayman! Not again! Avery and I will be praying for you again - get better super fast!

Gabriella said...

Wishing you well, Cayman!

Stephanie said...

Praying this shunt lasts for many years to come.

Shannon said...

Thank goodness she kept the VP, but I'm so sorry she had to go through it again. Praying this one lasts for many years.

Lisa Christine said...

Poor little Cayman.

Lorelai would totally say that this is 'not fair'! (she is quick to say when things are not fair)

Heal quickly Cayman!