Magical Reconnection

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yesterday night, Mike settled into the reclining chair with our little Cayman for the first.

It's quite the process of moving and situating all the wires and things in order to hold Cayman. And then there's the fact that she was so terribly sore from the CPR that she did not seem very comfortable being touched and moved. So we've left her rest in her bed.

Then yesterday night, Cayman asked to be held. Her hands stretched out far toward her Daddy.

So Mike settled into the reclining chair. The nurse repositioned all the tubes and wires that must go everywhere that Cayman goes. Then we fluffed and tucked pillows all around them, bringing optimum comfort.

I was about to head out to our hotel room for some sleep (such a blessing to have that right connected to the hospital). Mike whispered to me being careful not to awaken the sweet precious angel asleep in his arms.

I turned back. Mike smiled and then paused. He looked at Cayman. While snuggling her in a little closer he said, "Oh Mommy, the last time I held her in my arms she wasn't breathing." Tears formed and he stopped for a moment, feeling too choked up to talk.

I smiled and affirmed to him I understood what he was trying to say, "You didn't know if you would ever get to do this again huh. I know, it's just too amazing for words."

And that is how I found them in the morning when I returned.

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Cheryl said...

Well, I continue to cry with each new post I read. God bless ALL of you on this Mother's Day!!

Debbie said...

Crying here too...so glad for Cayman. She is a true miracle!

Diana Parker said...

What a beautiful picture, daddy holding his little precious little girl...I get to go to bed with a smile on my face.

Jessie said...

Oh Kristen....you are all in our prayers. Cayman is sure one loved little girl! Prayers to you all tonight! I can't even begin to imagine all that you have experienced!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Kristen.

Beautiful photo of Cayman and Mike.

Gretchen said...

PRAISE GOD! Cayman is ALWAYS in our prayers. Happy Mother's Day to you Kristen, you are a great one! :)

Charlene Hardy said...

Lisa told me about what happened to Elisabeth's dear friend. We have been thinking about you all night and all day. I am so happy to see things are looking up, what a great Mother's Day gift to see her recovering so well. She is a beautiful little girl and we will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

Gabriella said...

Well, this picture says it all. I can feel the love of both daddy and child in this picture, it's unreal! God Bless you, precious family!

Tiffany said...

There aren't words for how precious this is...hugs and prayers and hope that you know how loved you all are!!!

Carla said...

so precious, what an ordeal for you all. Prayers to your family that monday brings answers & solutions so you can go home.

Sara said...

God truly is good! I am so glad that she is better and we will continue to pray for her and hopefully she will be home soon!

Beth said...

Tears again!!! What a sweet picture...Still praying for you all!

Bonnie said...

I totally love it!!!!!!! She is all snuggly on dad:)