Chess

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chess is a game for geniuses...

Which explains why I don't play.

But if I had a Study in my house, there would be a table with a chess set adorning its surface. There's just something classy and sophisticated about the pieces. They make me wish I played the game.

Mike likes a good game of chess from time to time though, which doesn't surprise me. He's smart!

And when we happened upon a park that seemed to be in love with chess from the looks of the multiple tables set up waiting for those geniuses to take their place, our eyes were captivated. Mike's maybe more for the strategy of it and me for the artistic photographs those elegant pieces make.



And Cayman had an Alice In Wonderland moment and became apart of the game...



18 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of Cayman around the chess pieces!

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! Were you at Fallen Timbers?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Really wow.

Molly said...

Hehe, SO CUTE!

Kristen said...

Tiffany,

We were at Crocker Park in Cleveland, Ohio.

Diane said...

Those are cute pics. I am not a genius but was shown how to play once and it pretty much ended there. If I remember from my lesson, is she sitting in the Queen position? If so, she makes a good-looking queen :)

Diane, Tyler's mom

Kristen said...

Diane,

You are exactly right! Mike put Cayman in the Queen's position. :)

Lisa Christine said...

This so reminds me of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone where Ron has to play on the life sized chess board. Awesome.

As for chess being classy....oh yes. Last year I wrote a post about a family that had inspired me growing up. Two of my girls are even named after two of their girls. Anyways, they were wealthy, wealthy, wealthy and had a mansion over looking the pacific ocean. They are the type you are talking of....with the chess board set up in their study :) In fact, the children took chess lessons!

Awesome post.

Sara said...

How adorable! I love the pictures!

I have a glass chess set that I never opened, Im scared to because it was an expensive gift, but it's oh so beautiful!

Grandma S said...

How cute. I love the leggings!

This word verification is spooky. I got "queeno."

Sue said...

Loved the pictures...they were great....I didn't like the beginning where you put your 'smarts' down....I look at this blog, the hats, you name it...what a talented, smart person you are....don't ever put yourself down!!

Sue said...

Hmmm, my last comment seemed to disappear so will try it again. I loved the pictures of Cayman. What I didn't like was you you put your 'smarts' down at the beginning. I look at this blog, your hats, your pictures....what a talented, smart, creative person you are...don't ever put yourself down!!

Kristen said...

Sue,

You're so sweet. Thank you! Maybe I should just state it directly toward Chess because it's not a game my brain seems to understand.

Joyce said...

Adorable!!! I love Cayman sitting amongst the pieces. I'm with you Kristen - chess forget it. I think our creative brains are destined for other things:) My boys have tried to teach me multiple times and I just get bored before I begin to understand.

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Wow! The photos of Cayman are awesome!

Anna said...

I thought that was Crocker Park! How fun!

Katie said...

LOVE these photos.

Great job Kristen!

Carrie said...

I thought that chess board looked like the one in Crocker Park! I have a picture of myself with the chess pieces too. :)
Cayman's looking as cute as ever!