To Sippy or not to Sippy

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I set out yesterday, with my camera in hand, excited to capture Cayman in her big-girl moment of drinking from a sippy cup.

But this is all I got...

She was completely uninterested!


Then, wouldn't ya know it, later when the camera wasn't ready, she takes a drink!

Oh well. Maybe another day I'll capture it.


Happy Birthday to my Father-in-law, Cayman's Grandpa Mark!

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

It's always that way...they do it when you're not looking!!!

Beth said...

She's totally playing you!!! Love the pics though - she is too cute!

Sherri said...

well...she is completely cute :)

Josephine said...

That is hilarious!! The look on her face is priceless! It's as if she knows you're just waiting for her to do it so you can take a picture, and she wants none of that!

Molly said...

I maintain that there is NOTHING cuter than a kid in footy pjs. haha. Oh Cayman, it's tough being a model huh sweetie? The rebellion has started!

Mary said...

It drives me nuts when I am so excited about something Riley is doing or saying that is new and I want to show him off for Gramma or really anyone and he never never performs. I figure its just one more reminder that he is trying to teach me patience. In his own time in his own way.

Lisa Christine said...

She says, 'mom, I will not perform for the camera!'

lol

puerto nico said...

At my house we call that "refusing to by my monkey!"

And I agree that footy pajamas are the cutest thing.

GAL said...

Love Cayman's looks. She knows who is in control here. They are priceless!
You will have to feed her something dry before you give her her sippy cup next time. 8o)

Love ya!

Diane said...

She is a little stinker isn't she. I still love the pictures.

Diane, Tyler's mom

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I came across you blog from another, and I think your daughter is absolutely precious!

I wanted to comment on the seizure post from early December. My daughter is 6, and she never had a seizure until 2 months before her 6th birthday. I was always told that she would most likely develop seizures at some point, but it still completely broke my heart when it happened. I hope and pray that Cayman's seizures were a one time thing!

Ann said...

Jason does that all the time. As soon as he sees the camera he quits what he's doing. They are just too clever! Cup or not she's adorable!

Katie said...

She'll get it!

I have used the take n toss cups to wean all of mine from breast to cup.

I actually use the snack cup and put the drink lid on top. It is easier for the little hands to hold. The one I use for Lilah has ridges in it and Lilah can "feel" it better.


She's such a cutiepatootie :)