A Charlie Brown Classic

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tonight at 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), enduring characters from Christmas past will air on ABC.

I will relive a little of my childhood as I watch the traditional and classic Charlie Brown Christmas.

I'll be snuggled up next to my very dearest Mike and Cayman will be right there with us. I will take in the full experience and joy of knowing what Christmas really means as we watch the Peanuts gang gather around that tiny little Christmas tree, that has become a symbolic reminder to find the beauty from the small and humble places within life.

I love it. Always have, always will.

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love." -Linus

12 Showin' Comment Love:

Diane said...

1st!!!

Diane said...

A definite classic. I will also be watching it tonight.

Diane, Tyler's mo

Lisa Christine said...

We are planing on watching it too! The girls are so excited.

And may I say that those photos are absolutely exquisite! (sp?)

Lisa Christine said...

To answer your question, I do not save my planners or calendars.

David said...

today i made sure to first read the post title!

Tara said...

Yay for Charlie Brown! We are watching it too!

Sara said...

I have that tree right by Kadyn's bed, and honestly it stays up all year around...because it reminds me of Kadyn, and the quote does too!!!

Anonymous said...

We have all of the Christmas movies on DVD and I hide them so we can only watch them at Christmas? Otherwise it wouldn't be special!!

Lisa Christine said...

We watched the show....such a classic!

Kacey Bode said...

I DVR'd it to watch with the kids at a later date, it comes on at 8 here, and that is bedtime on school nights!!!!

SO, got the hats today, they are SOOOOOO amazing!!! They are just beautiful. Ella wore the blue one to school today, got several compliments and the child psychologist at her school wants to get one for her daughter!! Can I give her your email??? I posted lots of pics of Ella modeling them on my blog : ) couldn't resist!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Give Cayman a kiss for me!

Mrs. Smith said...

I love this post! We live in Sonoma County, which happens to be where Charles Schulz is from. So we have the museum, the Snoopy cafe, the ice skating rink, and store with all things Charlie Brown! There are statues of the Peanuts gang scattered at businesses all over town! Hoping to go skating soon there this year with our little ones, and every weekend during the holidays they have a free ice show and tree lighting ceremony with all the characters! Aaah, such a special little cartoon, and a special little tree!

Katie said...

SO sweet!!