Wardrobe Change

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Last week I emptied Cayman's dresser drawers of her summer clothes and filled them with warmer outfits. I did the same in her closet. I felt sad to know that by next summer Cayman will have out grown them and they will not be brought out again.

My sadness melted away quickly though as I looked at the new collection of sweaters, hats, and tights. I felt giddy imagining Cayman in her new fall/winter wardrobe. That set me in the mood for a photo shoot!

"Let's take some pictures, Cayman. Which outfit do you want to wear?" I said holding her up to the clothes hanging in her closet. Cayman fanned her hands through the hanging clothes, a favorite thing of hers to do, and she giggled in delight.

I had my eye on one particular outfit and I moved Cayman's hand down the line until it stopped on that exact one. "Oh, you want to wear that one?" I said with a little snicker. "Yep, that one is perfect!"

I pinned the waist-band of the jean skirt, giving it a quick custom tailor fit to Cayman's tiny waist. I tugged and pulled the tights onto Cayman's little legs explaining to her what all this girly stuff is. She watched as I strapped the sparkly pink shoes onto each foot. Then I gathered her hair on top and held it together with a white, satin bow. I buttoned the blouse and pulled the sweater vest over her head.

"Uh-Oh, the little bow on the vest is all scrunched up." I noticed. "Oh well, we don't have time to iron it, we gotta go." I said to Cayman. It was an overcast afternoon and it looked like the sky could let loose rain at anytime and I really wanted to take outdoor pictures. I had the perfect spot in mind. A short distance from our house there is a beautiful display of flowers. We wasted no time and out the door we quickly went with a spring in my step. I was having so much fun dressing up my little girl that I wondered, "What would I have ever done if Cayman was a boy?"


Happy Birthday
to Cayman's Uncle Dan!

17 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

Awww.. she is goregous!

Grandma S said...

She looks very preppy.

Beth said...

As usual - she is beautiful!!!!! Honestly - I think she gets cuter with every picture....

Anonymous said...

First of all, she just gets cuter every day! Second of all, it is ridiculously fun to dress girls!! Olivia had a field trip today so she wore a sweater, skirt and tights with her "dressy" coat!! LOVE IT! Gabe wouldn't even wear cargo pants...jeans!! Oh well...he still looked cute!

Angie said...

Aww she's precious! I love girl clothes too - I can't wait to get out my little girls winter clothes!

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful idea. Love the photo's

Mary said...

I'm super jealous of you getting to dress up your little girl. Though I should say that if she'd been a boy you'd have fun too. Not so much with the sparkles and pink but........playing trucks can be pretty fun too :-)

I can't believe how big Cayman looks. Your baby is turning into a toddler right before our eyes.

Katie said...

So sweet and so cute. I love that you love each part of her and her experiences so much.

Sherri said...

She looks positively adorable! So put together and grown up :) I just did the same thing last night with Miles' clothes. I put away all of his shorts and summer shirts and out came the long sleeves and pants galore. They were all hand-me-downs from relatives so each shirt had to be checked if it was stretchy enough to fit over his head (not sure if you have to do that too?) Not quite as fun as little girl clothes, but he does look dapper in his new helicopter shirt!

Diane said...

The pictures are great! Cayman looks so adorable in her winter outfit.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sara said...

She is sooo adorable, and It's still fun dressing boys up like little men :-) Kadyn goes through a few outfits a day hehe.

I love that outfit on Cayman too! She is getting soo big!

Unknown said...

Aww! Beautiful photos! Cayman is adorable.

Aunt Madison said...

AUHHHHH!

Aunt Sam said...

she is so photogenic! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! We have a question. Does the Mike still have his blog too? If so what is it? Does he have pictures of Cayman too?

Lisa Christine said...

I am hereby requesting a picture of the sparkle shoes!

pretty please.

:)

Jill S. said...

What a cutie!! She really is growing up. I think in the last month she has gone from looking like a baby, to definately looking like a toddler!! It's crazy...it came out of nowhere. Enjoyed the visit the other day...!