It's Fall

Thursday, October 1, 2009

At our house, you can tell the Fall weather has arrived when....















Mike is wearing a sweatshirt and pants...and I'm snuggled under a blanket (I even have a heat pack over my shoulders).

And where's Cayman??

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Laying on the floor taking her pants and socks off.

10 Showin' Comment Love:

Diane said...

Aww...that's funny. Maybe you should put multiple pants on her during the winter if she continues to take them off. I would hate to have her cute little legs get cold.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Lisa Christine said...

That is the most divine blanket I have ever seen. Did you make it? I looks like a enormous sweater...fabulous.

David said...

how funny that you and lisa both did Fall posts today!

You need a Snuggie!

Jill S. said...

I think she's hot blooded!!! She needs a pair of "baby-legs" to keep her warm when she takes her pants off (they are the cutest baby leg warmers!)

Mary said...

Must be time for the once piece outfits for Cayman. OOH anew reason to buy really cute girl clothes. You lucky girl.

Kristen said...

Lisa,

No I did not make the blanket. I wish I could take credit for it. I think it is just divine too. I saw it last year in Pottery Barn's winter catalog. The chunky cable knit just called to me, but the price did not.

But this past spring when we visited the Pottery Barn store to purchase our living room drapes, this blanket was on clearance there. I picked it up and admired its intricate beauty, each stitch hand knit. But in the end I gently placed it back on the shelf because we were already spending a lot of money on the drapes and hardware for our windows.

But when I got home that night and was unpacking the Pottery Barn bags, this blanket was in there with a note attached saying,

"To a wife that is being watched more than she knows. Love ya Babe! Mike."

Mike had gone back to the store and secretly purchased it for me.

So that's the story behind my lovely blanket.

I am literally wrapped in love, wouldn't you say?

Anonymous said...

Kris, the comment u left above is the cutest story ever!! And as for Cayman taking her clothes off....sounds like our household as well. Also, Mike wearing a sweatshirt sounds like Nicholas....he has pants on as we speak!! U know its cold when my hubby puts pants on and not shorts. Hope u r enjoying ur fall day. Valerie

Sara said...

Awwwws...thats exactly what Kadyn is doing!! hehe

Stephanie said...

You know Mike is one awesome man, that is such a sweet story you wI suggest cable tights under cayman's pants for winter. Of course you will be posting her removing them as well.

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet story!! So romantic!! And you know it's fall around here when I'm under my snuggy...and my kids are still naked!!