I Wonder...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Photobucket

I wonder, as she sits there and smiles at me...

Does she realize my view and understanding of perfection is clearer than it ever has been?

Does she realize that God has taught me a deeper beauty about wholeness and contentment?

Does she realize my life is beautiful, it always has been, but it's never been quite this enhanced before?

Does she realize, that she is the stepping stone that God laid before me to guide my path to a place of greater peace and joy than I ever known?

I wonder, does Cayman realize she is fearfully and wonderfully made, exactly how she is?

I will praise You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
-Pslam 139:14
(New King James Version)


19 Showin' Comment Love:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Such beautiful words from such a beautiful mommy!! Thank you for sharing your life with us. We are truly blessed and inspired by your passion.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post...stunning photo xx

Grandma S said...

Beautiful! One thing's for sure, Cayman loves and knows she's loved. You can tell that by the way she looks at you in the picture.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post...beautiful picture...beautiful Mother and Daughter. I feel blessed to know you!

Amy J. said...

Your family is so amazing. Your love for one another and your faith in God are a blessing and an example to us all! Thank You.

Sherri said...

Thanks for making me cry first thing in the morning :) Those words capture exactly how I feel about Miles. I hope you won't mind me linking to this post!

Shannon said...

Love. This.
:) :) :) :)

Jill S. said...

Oh, Kristen; I love this picture and your words! What a beautiful post; and two beautiful girls! And Cayman sitting, why, it's just magical!

Diane said...

Kristen, you amaze me with your words with every post. You are such an amazing person and no need to wonder because I can tell by the pictures you post their is a love in Cayman's eyes for her parents. Your pictures speak louder than words. Thank you so much for sharing and you inspire me each and every day.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Stephanie said...

Beautiful and touching post. Thank you

Beth said...

I love Cayman (and I haven't even met her)!!! That smile and those curls and those eyes...oh she is just beautiful sitting there!!!

Josephine said...

Just beautiful words and pictures - wonderful!

The James Family said...

There are no words to even describe my heart when I look at this picture. I remember talking with you on the phone with you for over 2 hours one night when you were pregnant - and how your heart hurt for your baby. You could have taken the easy way out but you didn't you loved Cayman so much and you trusted God... and God has blessed you with this amazing little girl that with her smile she lights up the room... with her laugh your heart just melts... Cayman has taught me so much and she isn't even 2 yet!! This little girl is so loved and that love is what makes her come further then any doctor would have thought she would. Cayman knows she is loved - you can tell by the way she looks at you and Mike and the way she smiles... You can see the love in her eyes! She is so amazing and I can't wait to see what else God has planned for Cayman... it's going to be great things - greater then we have already seen!

Cayman's Daddy said...

Kristen, there is no way a man could be more proud of his wife. I love you sweetie!

Lisa Christine said...

Kristen,

I consider you one of my best friends because you seem to share so many of my same thoughts and feelings.

I love how you cherish Cayman. I love that you see her for the miracle she is.

Your posts always make my day.

:)

Debbie said...

You are amazing Kristin! This post gave me chills. Thanks.

Your Mom and Proud of it said...

There's nothing quite like a Mother's Love and their child's love and admiration back - Nothing like it! There are just no words to truly describe it. Love You my daughter!!! XOXOXOXOXO

The McCurry Project said...

I think she knows... She is gleamming with happiness.

Jennifer Owens said...

This is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. This is such a perfect moment captured. You so need to frame it!