A Dr. Seuss Tale

Friday, September 25, 2009

For nine months Cayman had the "green eggs and ham attitude" about sitting.

I do not like to sit.

I will not sit here or there.
I will not sit anywhere.

Would you sit in a box?
or with a fox?

Not in a box.

Not with a fox.
I will not sit here or there.
I will not sit anywhere.

Would you? Could you?
Next to a tree?
Try it! Try it!
You may like it.
You will see.

I would not, could not sit by a tree.
Now please, let me be.I do not like to sit in a box.
I do not like to sit with a fox.
I do not like to sit here or there.
I do not like to sit anywhere.

You do not like to sit.
SO you say.
Try it! Try it!
And you may.

If you will let me be,
I will try it.
You will see.

Say!

I like to sit!

So I will sit next to a tree.It is so much fun, so much fun you see!

I will sit in a box.

And I will sit with a fox.
And I will sit here and there.

Say!

I will sit ANYWHERE!


I think it's safe to say, sitting is a conquered milestone for Cayman!
Yippee!!!

31 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

Way to go Cayman!

Carey said...

Cutest post ever :) I love that book....and Cayman is so adorable sitting in that box!

Grandma S said...

I think you have a best seller there. I love the pictures.

Josephine said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is great! Well Done Cayman!! And such a cute and creative post :)

Stephanie said...

yahoo! Keep up the wonderful work.

Beth said...

You are so creative!!!! Cute post for a cute little sitter!!!

Shannon said...

Yay, Cayman!
This is such a cute post...love your creativity, Kristin! :)

Uncle Tyson said...

I think Cayman likes to sit next to her Uncle Ty Ty
Mostly because he is just so fly!

See you guys tomorrow...Go Bucks!!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, this is one of the greatest posts of all time. I know I probably say that a lot....but you keep out doing yourself. This post was pure genious; and pure cute.

Love it, love it.

Great job Cayman, you never cease to amaze me!

Mary said...

Huge milestone. How exciting. Its a whole new world when you see it from sitting up and not the floor. I'm guessing you'll see a lot more progress in the near future. It always seems like we do things in spurts.

Congrats Cayman. As Riley would say while clapping for her... YEA

Jill S. said...

I LOVE this post! LOVE it LOVE it! So cute...your creativeness never ceases to amaze me. And way to go Cayman on sitting!!

Sherri said...

What an adorable post!!! How exciting that she has mastered this :)

Lindsey said...

Way to go, little Miss Cayman!! What an accomplishment! You can see the pride that she herself feels on that sweet little face!

Cute and creative post- so clever! My favorite picture is of Cayman in the box. "Oh the places she'll go!"

Anonymous said...

What a clever post!! Love it!! It's OFFICIAL Cayman can sit!!! :) Oh the places she'll go...

Stephanie said...

Your post was so cute and very creative. I really enjoyed it. And way to go Cayman! It's so awesome when they accomplish new things (things some doctors said they would never do).

Amy J. said...

You are so creative! I love her picture by the tree...so content to just lay there! I loved this post...thanks for making me smile.

Sue said...

I'm not sure who is more special....the beautiful little girl that this blog follows....or the talented mom who makes everything so much fun....for Cayman...and for me!!

Debbie said...

Cute post!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Awesome post!!! Cayman is a master now!

You're very creative! I love your story!

Aunt Sam said...

Seriously....this is the cutest post ever!! YAY Cayman!!

Can't wait to see ya'll tomorrow!! :)

My name is Sarah said...

Oh my what a great story. I just read it three times in a row. Cayman you are sooooooo cute:)

Katie said...

Kristen- YOU are amazing!

GO CAYMAN!

annie eicher said...

oh my word that is so cute!! the box picture is ADORABLE!!

Diane said...

Super, super cute post. You amaze me with your creativity everyday. I love it, so when are you publishing this book, hehe?

Diane, Tyler's mom

Unknown said...

Kristin,
Your talent amazes me! This would be a precious book to make for Cayman!!

Congratulations to Cayman!! I knew she could do it!!

Wait until she starts to crawl and then walk!

Rashel and A.D. said...

VERY CUTE! CONGRATS CAYMAN!

Anonymous said...

just wondering how she enjoyed her first osu game?
valerie

Michelle said...

Not only is it awesome news that she is sitting, but it's an awesome post as well!! Thanks for the smiles!

Sara said...

That is awesome! Way to go Cayman!!!

datri said...

Great job, Cayman. I just LOVE this post! So clever!

Jennifer Owens said...

I am just catching up on your blog. This has got to be the cutest thing I have ever read! How I miss you guys!Cayman is getting more beautiful each day.