Video, banging two toys

Monday, August 31, 2009

Holding two toys, one in each hand, was always a real challenge for Cayman.

From the beginning, her doctor warned us, that with Cayman's brain injury, it would be a challenge for her to use both hands simultaneously. It could be years before she ever conquered such a task.

I cannot find the words that capture the depth of our excitement with Cayman's performance in this video...

16 Showin' Comment Love:

Katie said...

GOOOOO CAYMAN GO!!!!

Cayman,
Can you come over and teach Lilah to do that, and scoot, and in return Lilah will help you learn to sit? Could be a fun playtime!!!!

I am SO happy for you Kristen.

MIRACLES are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma S said...

Maybe she'll follow in her daddy's footsteps and be a drummer. We'll be seeing lots of amazing things coming from Cayman in the future.

Carey said...

She just amazes me more and more!! God has truly blessed you and Mike!

Diane said...

That is so awesome!!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Molly said...

Woohoo!!!!!

GO CAYMAN!

Lisa Christine said...

That is wonderful! But the thing that amazes me the most is how well she seems to understand you. And I have noticed this before in your videos, she really knows what you are saying.

Elisabeth does not understand the spoken word. Well, there are a few words; night-night, bottle, mama, and yum-yums. If we say those words to her slow and clear (and by themselves) she seems to know what they mean. And by 'know what they mean' I mean that she shows excitement and starts to bounce (her way of saying, 'yes, that's what I want'). But outside of those words she doesn't seem to understand any spoken language.

This is all a very long way of saying that I am so impressed with how smart Cayman is!

Anonymous said...

Go Cayman!! She'll show them!!

Michelle said...

Yippee!!! That is awesome progress!!! And yes, at least Owen and I will be attending the conference next year unless something dramatic happens. We can't miss a gathering like that! And it's right in your backyard too!

Sue said...

Bang, bang, bang....music to the ears....great job Cayman!!

Debbie said...

I think Cayman is ready for a drum set.

My oldest daughter was watching TV on the couch with me while I was watching this video. I didn't realize she was watching Cayman too. When the video was over she said, "Wow, that baby is good!"

Sherri said...

She is really taking off! You must be on cloud nine! I know that the absence of the corpus callosum can cause problems with using both hands together (Miles has this too) So, that must be a HUGE relief. God is good!

Uncle Tyson said...

She'll be ready for poms poms for football season!

bridget said...

She's just growing leaps and bounds! So awesome. Thanks for sharing such great videos. I can't wait for the next one.

Keep up the great work Cayman!

Stephanie said...

I had a married friend when I was in high school. She told me that she believed that if you love a child enough you can teach them anything. Now I have Elisabeth and although we have all loved her dearly she still has limitations. I still like to believe Cayman's progress is due to your great care and love for her.

Amy J. said...

Love it...you will never tire of all the things she does. I think that is one of my favorite things about being a mom, wether it is your first child or 20th (heaven forbid :) their accomplishments are reason to get excited and celebrate! Tell Cayman to continue to show those doctors who is boss!

Sara said...

Goooo Cayman!! She is doing sooo good!!!