Little Miss Mischief

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Every mom has stories that they can tell about what their child did when the mom wasn't looking.

Here's mine...

I folded the laundry.

Then I left the room briefly. It seriously could not have been more than 30 seconds. When I returned Cayman was surrounded by messy piles of clothes.

Look at that ornery grin.

Cayman is a fantastic roller but seriously, I am amazed at how quickly she accomplished dismantling my folded laundry. She was clear on the other side of the room playing with her toys when I left.

Do you have a good story to tell? I would love to know what mischievous things your child did when you weren't looking. This will be fun to hear!

22 Showin' Comment Love:

Grandma S said...

Yep, she's Mike's daughter. What would you expect?

When Mark was little, I had two dozen eggs out to hard boil so we could color them for Easter. Mark was being very quiet, so I peeked in the kitchen. By that time, he had moved his booster chair so he could reach the counter and had thrown at least 1 1/2 dozen on the floor, smashing each one of them. It was so funny I had to laugh and take pictures, then I cried when I thought about cleaning it all up!

Grandma S said...

I guess I should add a story about Mike. (I have many.) When we were trying to potty train him, he was out playing in the park. He must have been too busy to come in to the bathroom because he had a pile in his pants. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until he went down the 12 foot long slide--leaving skid marks the entire way. Why did everything my kids do require me to clean up messes?

Diane said...

LOL..way to make a mess Cayman. I'll have to think about tyler's mischievious moment and get back with you.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Aunt Sam said...

as you noticed, Mom told a story about all her kids but me....that's cuz i was perfect! haha :)

Good Job Cayman, next time make a mess for daddy!! :)

Grandma S said...

OK, I have a Sam story, but she was 15 at the time...We always back our Jeep into the driveway, and one day I thought I would let Sam pull it ahead a little bit. So she just had to put it in drive and go forward about ten feet. This was her first experience driving. I gave her the keys, she started it up, and off she went--in reverse, stopping just a few inches from the garage door with me fractically pulling on the outside of the door trying to hold the Jeep back. When it was finally stopped (no damage done fortunately) I asked Sam what was she thinking. Her answer, "Nobody ever told me that R stood for Go Backwards." And yes, for anyone that doesn't know Sam, she is blonde!

Unknown said...

Oh that's funny!

Kristen said...

Sue,

The story about Sam cracks me up! That's a good one to tell especially right after she got done bragging that she was perfect! :-)

Beth said...

love it!!!!

Carla said...

She looks oh so proud of herself! Way to go Cayman! Sorry you had to fold laundry twice, I wish I could fold laudry as neatly as you:)

Diane said...

Okay I'm back and here is a story of my little mischief. As you may know from some of my blog posts, tyler likes to chew on things (especially his shirt). There was one day when I saw him chewing on his shirt and I told him to stop, which he did, I then leave the room for a few seconds and return to him chewing on his sock, which he has never done before. I guess he outsmarted me.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Katie said...

Yep, they LOVE to take folded laundry apart!!!!

Aunt Sam said...

haha....thanks mom! :)

Sarah M said...

One morning Jim was watching Kiah so I could sleep in a little. Jim was talking to his dad in the living room while Kiah wandered around. He was very quite for a long time and Jim thought nothing of it. Then he heard a sneeze in the dining room. He called to Kiah and asked if he was OK and he said yes (he was about 20 months old). Then he heard another sneeze. He kept hearing sneezes and they got closer and closer together. Jim went into the dining room to investigate and found Kiah shaking pepper all over the table and himself!

Sara said...

How adorable! I wrote about kadyn's Mischiefs in his blog! :-)

She is adorable! Kadyn luckly has yet to getinto the laundry...yet...

Michelle said...

Oh yeah, I have a messy one...go visit here

Love Cayman's expression!

Mom said...

Do you want a story about Kristen?!?!?!

Sherri said...

That is so cute! Miles' story...not so cute- mostly because it involved...well...poop. :)

Lisa Christine said...

OK, this is going to be TERRIBLE of me to admit, but we'll just see it as me finding the silver lining:

My confession: the (only) benefit to Elisabeth's visual problem is that she doesn't see very far.....which (now that she is more mobile) means that she doesn't get into much mischief or put every little scrap she finds on the floor into her mouth.

I hope you don't think I am a horrible mama for finding a reason to be glad she is visually impaired....but if she has to be visually impaired, I might as well look on the bright side, right?

Jennybell said...

I clicked over here after I saw you won Lisa's prize and it just so happens I had a moment with my girl yesterday.
I filled up her sand and water table with just water.(she's 3 yrs old but developmentally delayed, so she moves like a 3 yr old but thinks like a much younger child)I walked down 3 steps turned walked 8 ft. and laid the hose by the spout and turned to see her standing up on the table stomping her feet! The table is about a foot and 1/2 off the ground and it about gave me a heart attack! I ran back up the stairs and had to undo a gate! to get to her and she just giggled!

Uncle Tyson said...

Well since mom never put up a story about kris i will be more than happy:

Kristen has come a long way in preparing meals for people. When her and I were kids, like 6 and 10 maybe, it was winter time and we were playing outside. For some reason she was "making" me dinner which meant breaking off huge ice sickles and serving them to me. I must have had quite a few and they weren't clean ice sickles because that night as I was staying in Kristen's room I got sick. I threw up all over her carpet, and she got really mad at me for ruining her carpet. Like it was my fault. Thanks Kris, I can never eat Captain Crunch Peanut Butter Ceral ever again now.

Mrs. Smith said...

Sadly, I have a very long list of these, one for every day of the week x a thousand! The latest was just this morning, when the kids were outside playing. Apparently Ni'ke decided sidewalk chalk was boring and opted for a huge black Sharpie instead! Rea decided to color crayon all over a big stack of bills that, yes, I still had to send out. Hope they enjoyed a little color to spruce up a hum-drum job like receiving bills! And Ya'shar unrolled ALL the toilet paper rolls in all three bathrooms. Yep, all today, in a matter of minutes.... :)

*Monica said...

I woke up one morning to a long haired dog covered in vasaline....the kids were "taking care of her fur"