It's My Birthday!!

Saturday, July 11, 2009



My birthday date always stands out to me when I see it. On a wall clock, the calendar, or the expiration date on a milk carton. It doesn't matter where it's printed, July 11 jumps out at me as if it was printed in bold letters! It's been like that for me since I was a little girl.

In the morning, I reach for the clock on my nightstand and I see it reads July 11...I know it's going to be a good day!!

It's no surprise to me that my Birthday is a day that makes me happy. In my house birthdays were a day of big celebration. It was an extraordinary day filled with balloons, streamers, decorative tableclothes, gifts, and cake! There was also a little plastic teddy bear holding a a blue star that (if I remember correctly) said "You are special". He was made to sit on the edge of a plate! So on my special day, when mom set the dinner table, that little bear adorned my plate. Mom did that for each one of us kids on our special day (and for Dad too). That little simple, plastic bear made me feel extraordinary on my birthday!

I'm 28 years old today, and I know when I go to my parents' house for my birthday dinner, that little bear will be sitting there on my plate and I will feel like I'm 6 years old again!! I love it!!

What's even better than being 6, is being 28. My life at this point is exactly what I hoped it would be...

a loving husband, a perfect baby, a house of our own, living near our families, loyal friends...the list goes on and on.

29 Showin' Comment Love:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you know what, it's my husband's birthday today too! So it's a day to celebrate two birthdays!

Grandma S said...

I love the little teddy bear on the plate. I wish I would have thought of that.

How lucky we are to have you in our family! Enjoy your day.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday To one amazing lady!

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I thank the Lord for you, Kristen. HE gave you an amazing heart, a warm spirit, an encouraging smile, and a love for all. What a gift to the world He gave when HE created YOU!

To an amazing woman, wife, mother, friend...have a FABULOUS day!!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday!!! Take a photo of the bear :) I know it will be a great day!

Ann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I do the same thing with the date. Anytime I see 3-24 on anything it makes me think of my birthday.

Molly said...

HAPPY BIRITHDAYYYYYYY!

Molly said...

whoops. spelling fail

in adddition to wishing you a happy brithday i'd also like to wish you a happy BIRTHday

Joyce said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kristen. I hope your day is super special. You are such an inspiration to so many and I am so appreciative to have gotten to know you in blogland.

My name is Sarah said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Kristen. I love the story about your bear.

Carey said...

Happy Birthday Kris! Hope it is fabulous! :)

Angela said...

I've been watching the count down to 7/11 all week :) Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Kristen, I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!

You are such an amazing Mom, Wife and Lady!! I do admire your strengths, talents and awesome attitude through all you have had to go through.

I recently went back and read Cayman, and her family's story from the very beginning.... AMAZING that you and your hubby are still sane, but I know seeing Cayman's smiling face and that wonderful, infectious laugh that she now has...makes you both realize how truly blessed you are.

Mary

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

datri said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Carla said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
You are an awesome mother! I'm also tickled pink that you share a birthday with my son!!
Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Jill S. said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen!!! I've been wanting to say that all day (I saw it on facebook) but I've been on the road all day!) Sorry I didn't get it to you till now! Hope your day is extra special!

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine! The little bear is waiting to sit on your plate :o). XOXOXOXO Sorry this comment is so late... Grandma doesn't have internet access. Love You!

Tara said...

Happy birthday to a very special lady! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday! July 11 is a great day...we celebrate our 11 year wedding anniversary today.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday dinner with your family.

bridget said...

Hope your birthday was as great as expected!

Sara said...

Happy birthday from Kadyn and me!!!!

Kacey Bode said...

Happy belated b-day!! Cute story!

Pallavi said...

Happy birthday kristen.
Enjoy your day. :)

Lisa Christine said...

How did I miss this? Seriously? I have got to check my favorite blogs more often (no weekend slacking anymore).

Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy birthday to one of my best friends in the world. You have been such a comfort and such a support as I have faced different highs and lows over the last year and a half. How can I ever thank you enough?

I hope that your day was perfect!

Kelly B said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy every possible second!