Weekend Fun!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Lately, every Monday morning, the same thing goes through my mind - Where did the weekend go?!

Time has a way of flying by when you're having fun! And that is exactly what we have been doing.

We had another weekend filled with fun!

This weekend's happenings included:

  • A relaxing stay-in Friday date night.
  • Saturday, shopping for our house at my most favorite home store-Pottery Barn. It was a first for me and a dream come true! I savored every second of it because it will probably never happen again!
  • Sunday afternoon we accepted a generous invitation from Mike's coworker, Kevin and his wife, Barb to join them at their lake cottage. Cayman took her first boat ride.
As always, my faithful camera came along with us this weekend.

Here's Cayman at the checkout counter of the Pottery Barn store. See the credit card in her hand? She bought me drapes for the living room and Mike bought me a red chunky knit throw.

********************

While at the mall, we were pleasantly surprised to run into our former Life Group friends, Paul and Lisa, and their little girl Macy.


Cayman and Macy got reacquainted.
Doesn't it look like Cayman is trying to steal Macy's binky? I love the serious stare-down Macy is giving Cayman.

********************

Cayman's first time on a boat.
Her life vest practically swallowed her, but she still had fun! She laughed and giggled when the boat bounced up and down over the waves of the lake.



It was so peaceful. At times we had the lake all to ourselves. It was a perfect warm, sunny afternoon with a cool breeze. We cruised around the lake, admiring all the beautiful cottages.
Here's a few of our favorites:

Then Kevin parked the boat in a quiet alcove and we ate our lunch.



Mike got to be captain after lunch. He was in his domain then.

"Thank you, Kevin and Barb, for your hospitality. We had a marvelous time!!"

********************

All that weekend fun meant for no time working in our living room and dining room. But that's alright. It was too perfect of a weekend to spend it indoors anyways. So, our living room and dining room sit in complete disarray.
It's time to get back to work on it this week though. We have more fun planned for this upcoming weekend! :-)

13 Showin' Comment Love:

Katie said...

What a GREAT weekend!!! ooooo I am OH SO ENVIOUS!!!

Look at how far you've come with the wallpaper removal!!!! WAY TO GO!! GREAT JOB!

After ALL that work, you deserved a weekend away!!

*Monica said...

What an awesome way to spend a weekend!

That picture of Cayman in the life vest gave me a cavity.

Jill S. said...

Looks like you had a really fun weekend!! The walls will wait!! Looks like you did a great job getting all that old wallpaper off, though! Can't wait to see what you've got planned for next weekend!

Grandma Cindy said...

Cayman as sweet an adorable as ever!!! COTTAGES?!?!? In my mind - they don't quite fit the description of cottage.

Sarah M said...

Looks and sounds like a ton of fun. So glad you got to do that!

I love the picture of Cayman "paying" at Pottery Barn and the one of her in the life vest. She looks ecstatic!

I agree on the comment on the cottages, too. They are definitely pretty but don't fit my idea of cottage either!

Lisa Christine said...

What a weekend! You are so lucky to go shopping at Pottery Barn. I seriously love that place. I have been eyeing some bunk beds for the girls....but I don't think I can bring myself to spend that much (we'll see!)

The lake looks divine. I need to find a friend with a boat and get myself an invitation! (lol)

bridget said...

Those houses are FAR from cottages! What gets me is people have houses like that as a SECOND home. I'd love to see their primary home. I can't afford to live in the town that I work in because it's impossible to find anything less than $200,000...and most of them are on the market for over $300,000. Crazy!

Glad you had such a great weekend though. Looks like summer is finally here!

Anonymous said...

What lake did you go to? How fun!! My kids can never stay awake on the boat! :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the pic of Cayman in the life jacket...she looks so ready for a new adventure! Too precious!:)
Lisa O.

Aunt Sam said...

I think Cayman is gonna be a shopper! haha.

Diane said...

Oh my gosh...I am so jealous of you. I wish I could of been on a lake. I just love the picture of Cayman cheesing really big in the life vest picture. You can't let an opportunity like that pass you by, the walls can wait. Life is too short, you have to enjoy it while you can.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

HEY - What about Cayman's parents??? NO LIFE JACKETS?!?!?!

Mary said...

I giggled when you called those huge amazing houses cottages. When I hear the word cottage I picture something like Little Red Riding Hoods gramma would like in. :-)
Looks like fun was had by all. I love summers on the lake.