Video, Day 6 ~ Rolling

Monday, May 4, 2009

Today's video impresses me on how well Cayman seems to understand what we say! I don't know for sure how much she comprehends but sometimes it seems like a lot!!

Cayman has been doing a marvelous job at rolling and holding up her head. I wanted to get it on video but by the time I grabbed the camera she had stopped. So in this video I am telling her to roll again. It's almost like you can see the gears turning as she listens to what I say and then takes direction in rolling over and lifting her head high. She gets excited for herself when Daddy and I cheer, she tries to clap while on her belly but her noggin' hits the floor. Then she rolls onto her back and follows my direction to clap her hands then.

I also added in another video of Cayman playing some more peek-a-boo, just because it never gets old. There's one part that I particularly like, and that is the time she lifts the burp cloth up and it only covers half her face. I tell Cayman I can still see her and she immediately lifts the other side of the cloth so her face is fully covered.

Another impressive example of how much she seems to understand.

10 Showin' Comment Love:

Jennifer said...

I love watching videos of her. Although, none beat the one of her laughing about paper ripping. :) ha ha
She's so big! and SOOO cute! I love the quilt on the floor, too.

Kristen said...

Jennifer,

Ha ha, that's funny how you remember the paper ripping video. Cayman still finds ripping paper funny! Another sounds that gets her deep belly laughing now is the sound of popcorn popping.

She's funny!

Anonymous said...

We will never get tired of peek-a-boo either! You can tell that she knows she is loved! :)

Sherri said...

I love when she tries to clap on her belly :) The peek a boo is great! She is one smart cookie :)

bridget said...

She's just learning and growing leaps and bounds! I love the videos. They bring a smile to my face every time. Thanks for sharing them!

*Monica said...

Jack was freaking out watching this one, he kept doing the sign for baby over and over and pointing to her. I am pretty sure that he thinks she is awesome!

Diane said...

I love it!! The peek-a-boo never gets old. I can't believe how much she is developing and understands you. AWESOME!!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Mary said...

She is too stinkin cute!

Lisa Christine said...

She is a rolling over PRO!!!! Wow! And I love that quilt :)

It was great chatting with you. You are one of my most favorite people :)

Anonymous said...

Great work on your rolling Cayman!