Good-bye Wallpaper

Friday, May 22, 2009

We are saying "farewell" to the retro wallpaper in our living room and dining room, which oddly enough, has kind of grown on me, but it just does not go with the rest of our stuff.

So "hasta la vista" wallpaper.

And the demolition begins...

A treasure was found...another layer of wallpaper with green leaves and a horizontal stripe background.
Ok, not exactly a real treasure, but it's fun when an old house tells a story.

14 Showin' Comment Love:

Katie said...

oooo, you have much more patience than me! I hate wall-paper!!

I worked at Home Depot during college and know what a pain it is....and what it does to drywall!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I cannot wait to see the finished product!

Jill S. said...

Oh how I hate thee, wallpaper! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!! I can't wait to see your finished masterpiece!

Diane said...

You sure do have your hands full. Wallpaper is no fun!! I am sure the end result will be worth it.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Grandma S said...

I think I still have some orange metallic cattail wallpaper if you want to replace the old with that! :)

Tara said...

See ya later wallpaper! Whoever invented that stuff was nuts! I hate it! My grandparents walpapered their house and when we sold it the people were like yea that is definetly going lol! Enjoy your project!

*Monica said...

I dunno anything about wall paper other than it is a chore to remove. So good luck!!

and I love when I house tells a story too!

Sara said...

My mom's house was wallpapered from bottom to top...i remember when I was younger...the basement bathroom had this orange, yellow, red flower power wallpaper!! Actually i think it's still there LOL!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing the May 18 blog about the shunt. I had never actually seen one. We just returned from Wichita KS hospital where my daughter had two shunt surgeries this week. Thankful to be home again.
I LOVE the pics of Cayman's eyelashes. She is a BEAUTY!!!!

Lisa Christine said...

I kind of like that wall paper too! (And I am sure that wallpaper will be 'in' again....any day now :) )

By the way....have you decided on a paint color?

Cayman's Daddy said...

I actually miss the wallpaper. Do you think we can try to find a similar one to put up?

Kristen said...

Lisa,

I did choose a paint color. Last week, I painted the hallway, entryway, and one wall in the living room that color to test it out. It's a neutral so if I decided I didn't like it, it would be neutral enough to keep it in the hallway and entryway, but change the one wall in the living room. Which looks like what's going to happen. Once we got our leaf green couch next to the color, it brings out a mauve, which is not what we are going for. But the color itself is gorgeous! I think I'll end up painting our bedroom in it. It's called Revere Pewter by BM.

Mom said...

Mike wants to put more wallpaper up so one day he can steam it off....right Kristen?

Katie said...

I wish you lived closer!!!

I LOVE to paint. I would come help you paint....anytime!

I am getting anxious to see what you have done. I am passing a little strength and painting love on to you through the internet.........got it?!?

Lindsey said...

Good morning, Kristen!

I wanted to just take a moment to introduce myself & say hello. My name is Lindsey, I live in northern Arizona and work as a Resource Special Education teacher. From time to time, I find a blog to glance at that inspires me- and I'm awed. Your little girl is beautiful, and how lucky she is to have parents who know her & love her SO well - encourage her and teach her that there are NO limits to what she can achieve! I truly wish that I could say that I saw more parents like you out there. My work has been mainly with junior high students with specific learning disabilities (SLDs)- and there is SO MUCH more to learn about all the differences in special needs. Your blog has taught me a lot- and thank you for that. I love what I do, and how I get to individualize education. (Could do with a bit less of the paperwork! Ha!) I hope to pursue Assistive Technology- and am looking into a graduate program. The kids are worth it, though, absolutely...

Thank you for being an inspiration to me, and hopefully other parents out there. Thank you for seeing beyond Cayman's special needs. She's a truly beautiful little girl!!

<3 Lindsey in AZ

ps- Good luck with the wallpaper! :)