The Birthday Celebration

Sunday, March 22, 2009

On Saturday we hosted an open house party in honor of Cayman's 1st birthday! We enjoyed having our home filled with friends and family joining us to celebrate her precious life!

The picture in my last post was not my dining room.

This was my dining room decorated for the party. We constructed tissue paper pom-poms balls, compliments of Martha Stewart, and strung them above the round banquet table. I gift wrapped the china cabinet doors and finished them off with a bow.

We decorated in yellow and pink flowers.

Grandma Cindy baked dozens and dozens of mini cupcakes with a homemade marshmallow frosting.

There was lots of delicious food.

The vegetable arrangement was a garden theme.

The fireplace mantle was brightened with a collage of Cayman's one year photos {which I will post soon. I have not forgotten}.

Scrapbooks of Cayman's first year were passed around.

Cayman was dressed in her party best. {We gave her a nice break from her helmet for the afternoon. Isn't her hair just beautiful?}. Cayman...

cuddled,

visited,

had her picture taken over 200 times,

ate cake,
played,

and partied til she dropped.
It was a fun day had by all!!

20 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Great time had by all. Good job to Kristen and Cayman's Grandmas for such a great party. (And also good job to Cayman's Grandpa and Uncles for such a great after party)

Sherri said...

A perfect party for a perfect little girl! Thanks for sharing the photos-- they were a blessing!

My name is Sarah said...

Awesome party for the birthday girl. HAPPY 1st Birthday Cayman!!!!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Sorry we couldn't get up there. Give her birthday kisses from us!

Anonymous said...

Oh how awesome! You did a wonderful job decorating.

Cayman is just beautiful. She tugs at my heart each time I read up on her. Which is often!!

Happy First Birthday Cayman. You ROCK!
Joany

Diane said...

It looks like a great time was had by all! Great decorating ideas. I don't see how people could eat anything b/c it all looked so cute.

I can't believe how long Cayman's hair is getting. It is so adorable:) I can't wait to see her pictures.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

To Cayman's Daddy,
You thanked everyone but me!!! What's up with that!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow looks fanatstic! You did an excellent job!

I love all the decorations and just love the cupcakes!

Kacey Bode said...

Wow! You did a wonderful job decorating for the party, very beautiful and creative!!! It looks like Cayman enjoyed the party!! Can't wait to see the one year pics!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

You did a great job at decorating! Very creative! I love the garden theme!!

Happy Birthday Cayman! I'm sure the day was filled with lots of love!

Anonymous said...

SamWich is Awesome! Ask her about her shoulder being wet and not being able to make phone calls with her phone.

Jill S. said...

Kristen,

Wow!!! What a fun party! And great decorating ideas! Cayman looks like she had such a fun time and her hair is really getting so long and pretty! I had to enlarge the fireplace mantal picture so I could get a sneak peek of her 1 year pic's. They are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jennifer said...

Kristen, it was so beautiful!!! Love the vegetable arrangements!!! I can't wait to see the 1 year pics!

Kendra said...

So sorry I missed it. We have a little boy with bronchitis, and have been a little miserable all weekend. He's not fond of doctors visits right now, and we had several for this, so he's been a grump. I didn't want to expose anyone else to sickness, so I'll have to make it up to you.

Nicole said...

Great pics! You sure know how to decorate..I am horrible. Cayman is adorable! Happy Birthday Cayman!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh my goodness!!! It looks perfect! How I wish I could have been there. I hope that Cayman had a wonderful time.

I loved all the pink and yellow flowers! And those big pom poms! Fabulous!

Tell Cayman that Elisabeth has that same toy with the mirror! It's her favorite. She sits and stares at that orange button :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, pink birthday party for a beautiful girl! Love the decorations. The pic of Cayman sleeping is so cute!

Debbie said...

Looks like the perfect party for the Birthday Princess...so much love for a sweet little girl!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwww.. what a beautiful party! You are so creative. Loved all the decorations!

Sarah M said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. We are sorry we had to miss it but the pictures help make up for it! Happy Birthday to Cayman, again!