Home At Last!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Our decision to uproot our lives in Indiana to live close to family in Ohio almost 15 months ago was a perfect decision and we do not regret it for one second. To make that decision though called for us to embrace some uncomfortable living and financial situations for awhile. {Remember, we moved 3 times in one year. It was borderline insanity!}

Finally we have a home of our own that is near our families and a stable job for Mike that he enjoys.

I don't know how to fully explain what all this means to me!

It's a real chance to feel settled for the first time in our almost 5 years of marriage. My heart is pounding with joy! Not too long ago I thought this moment was still years away for us, but here we are today receiving the keys to our beautiful home sweet home.

It is truly the works of God. It's the only way I can explain why all this has unfolded so perfectly. Mike losing his job was God working out a better plan for us.

I am now going to spend the rest of my days soaking in this great feeling of being home.

17 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I had a meeting over there last night, so I drove by your new home to show if off to one of my friends. I didn't realize what a big back yard it had!

I volunteer to babysit while you're moving.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! With best wishes for your new home!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting Kris!! R u guys moving in today or waiting for the carpet to be torn up and the wood floors restored?
Valerie

Shannon said...

Congratulations! What a great thing to be able to look over the events of the past year and see how God's hand has orchestrated everything to bring you to this point! I'm praying that I'll have that kind of hind-sight once our moving craziness is over too. :)

As you get things set up and decorated the way you want them, you'll have to post pictures.

Congrats again!

Lisa Christine said...

Kristen-
I am so happy for you. :) Enjoy every minute of today. You're finally home! Post pictures soon! I can't wait to see Cayman in her new bedroom!

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. What a wonderful and blessed story you share today. We are so excited for you. The three of you truly deserve all the happiness that is coming your way. Hope the move-in goes as smooth as they can go.

Beth said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!
God is good all the time. :) Sometimes it is so hard to trust. I am so glad that you are joyful! I bet you can't wait to get settled and to start making memories in "Your Home!"

Jill S. said...

Congrats Kristen and Mike!

I'm so excited for you both! It's so nice to have a home you can call your own! Enjoy putting your creative juices to work. Post pics soon!!

Kristen said...

Valerie,

We'll be tearing the carpet up today and through the weekend. The wood floors will start to be refinished on Monday. That will take about a week. So hopefully next weekend we'll do the actual move-in! :o)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! :)

*Monica said...

I am so excited for you. There is no feeling like stability. I am personally thanking God for your home.

You deserve it.

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

Congrats!!! What an awesome feeling. I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are finally home...enjoy!

Jessie said...

Congrats!

Carla said...

I am so happy for you!!!
I can totally relate to that feeling of constantly moving. Soak up every minute of that home sweet home feling & post pics soon!

Mary said...

Woo Hoo you made it. Home Sweet Home There isn't much better in the world that being at home with family.