Helmet Fitting A No Go

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cayman was suppose to get her helmet yesterday. We went all the way to Ann Arbor for her appointment to find out the helmet needs to be revamped so that it stays perfectly clear of her shunt. The clinician was very nice and worked hard to remold the foam to lift the helmet away from the shunt but after many tries he still felt nervous about it. So it's back to the drawing board.

I did not get a great picture of Cayman in her pink helmet, but here's what it looks like. I think she's cute!
Also here's a video of Cayman clapping. She will never cease to amaze us at how well both sides of her brain work together. It's simply a miracle! (Remember, she's missing that middle portion that connects the two halves of her brain.)

17 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

CLAP - CLAP - CLAP FOR CAYMAN!!!

You never cease to amaze us!!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

so cute! Cayman seems to be pretty into Mommy!!! Kris you are so wonderful for Cayman!! She is such an amazing little girl!!!!
Val

Lisa Christine said...

It's pink! I love it!

Beth said...

YAY for Cayman!! See what love can do for you! She will be so cute with her pink helmet!

Sara said...

oh yay!! I so glad she is clapping too! Kadyn jut learned that last week or so too! The only problem now is I can't get him to stop!! And he screams YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I'll have to try and get that on video lol!

Jill S. said...

Wow!! Way to go Cayman!!! Clapping is SoOO cute. And so is the pretty pink helmet. I follow a blog of a girl who has a helmet that they decorated with jewels and fabric; it's super cute!! You'll have to get crafty with it when/if you get it! (I'll share that sight with you too)

Oh, and the suspense is killing me with what you found out yesterday!! I can't wait to hear from you. It's all I can do to restrain myself and not call you! I'm free whenever!

Josephine said...

Okay, seriously, how cute is she in that little helmet?? I'm sure it must have been frustrating to go all that way and come away without it, but at least now you know that when she does get it, not only will it be doing her good, but it will also be absolutely ADORABLE!!!

My name is Sarah said...

OH that is so cute. Great clapping Cayman. I like your pink helment too. I have another little friend here in Cleveland with a helment.

Hamza Zakir said...

hi....im new to your blog!...congrats! your blog is really interesting......My son might get a helmet like that to....well i want one for him....he has a shunt to.....it looks sooooooooooooooooo cute...i love the pink!

Krissy said...

Wow, Cayman really amazes me! She definitely beats the odds.. she's one powerful girl. And she is blessed to have 2 wonderful parents who are able to encourage her to break the mold, over and over. Thanks for sharing that awesome video!

Diane said...

Yeah for clapping!! She is so amazing. I love the pink helmet, it's a bummer that you have to wait so more though but still adorable.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Sarah M said...

She's so smart and listens so well. It was pretty funny to see how fast she listened to Mike when he told her to clap!

Anonymous said...

She is a little miracle! CLAPPING for Cayman!!

I think you'll have to deck the crap out of that helmet with rhinestones and stuff so she will be blingin' and a diva!! It's so cute!!

Stephanie said...

Cayman is such a cutie!! Her pink helmet is so cute too!!

Debbie said...

Kristen and Mike,
I have been following your blog...I hope you don't mind. I love reading updates on Cayman and following her progress. I have to tell you that she is just doing awesome! You 2 are great parents to her and it really shows with how well she has progressed. Keep up the great work Cayman!
Debbie

The Donald said...

WOW! I love the helmet, and I love the video even more! That is so cool that she does that!

The other day at work I was thinking how cool the day will be when your family and ours meet up somewhere, and the girls can play with one another.

Our little miracles never cease to amaze us don't they?

*Monica said...

I am so glad they are being extra careful with the cutie patootie head of hers!

And yeah, you gotta bling it out.