Happy Birthday Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to my blog!

One year ago today, I sat at my computer desk in my in-laws basement and created this blog.

I am thankful that I did. I have met and connected with so many families because of it. People sharing their thoughts, prayers, and care for us has touched and changed my life.

The blog has been a perfect way for me to record my feelings and happenings, which has been great therapy for me.

At the time, I had no idea that this blog would become such a big part of my life. This past year's journey has been full of so many sad moments and happy ones too. I am glad to have it all documented.

So on a day like today I can go back and read what I was feeling one year ago and be completely reminded of how far we have come...how far God has brought us.

My strength and understanding how good and faithful God is has bumped itself up to a whole new level. I was fearful and uncertain about so many things and how they would turn out. But everything is more beautiful than my mind's imagination could stretch. God was working a story and a plan in our lives much greater than what we could author. At times when we were hurting the most, we looked to Heaven and asked if He was still watching over us. I see now, God never turned His back to us. And He never will.

Do I think God could have healed Cayman and just called it a day? I absolutely do. Do I ever wish things were different? Sometimes. Do I want Him to be glorified more than I want things changed? Yes I do. Suffering in vain is the real tragedy.

To read my very first blog entry click here.

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep on bloggin

Carla said...

Congratulations Kristin! I am inspired by your family & thankful that you share your life with Cayman. Thank You! and keep on blogging!

Lisa Christine said...

One year and just over 300 entries! Wow! Your blog has been a blessing to so many. I have loved having almost daily doses of Cayman :)

As a parent of a child with disabilities it has helped to follow your story and realize that I am not alone. You are a dear friend, Kristen :

Can't wait to see what the next year brings!

Kacey Bode said...

Happy bloggy b-day! I remember the begining, I am so glad that you are where you are right now, and especially glad that Cayman is where she is right now, happy and healthy and home!!!! Give that pretty girl a kiss for me!!!

Jill S. said...

I am so glad you started your blog; or we may have never become friends! And I am so thankful for your friendship. Like Lisa said; it sure makes this journey easier to walk!
It was so fun to visit last week! I feel like I've known you forever, crazy, huh! And definately; if we could get everyone together; I'm in!! I would love to- but we need to do it before anyone turns 2 and we have to pay for an extra plane ticket. And all the kids could get together and meet! Matthew must meet his bride soon! So where should we go???

Sherri said...

Happy Blogiversary!
I, too am so glad you started this blog! You are a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary too!

Blogs sure are great for many reasons; for us as parents of special needs children, helping others beginning this journey and also helping others understand more about these conditions.

Keep up the great posts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen! Happy Birthday to your blog and 11-month birthday to Cayman! I just read your first entry...wow...what a scary time for you and Mike. Look how far you've come! When I get an extra minute or two, I'm going to go back and read more. I'm glad I found you in this cyberworld...you and Cayman are a blessing!

Ann said...

Thank you so much for sharing your life with all of us. I'm so blessed to know you and your family!