Today's Daily News

Friday, January 23, 2009

I come to you bearing lots of news!

I left you a few days ago with the news that I have been ill and was going to the doctor.

The doctor wasn't much help. I felt disappointed that there was not a clear answer to the cause of my illness and why it was attacking my eyes. The doctor said it could be allergies or it could be a fungal overgrowth. She prescribed me medicine for both but told me there was no good way of treating it.

Neither prescription worked. In fact just the opposite happened. It got worse!

I was miserable from the stinging pain around my eyes. I decided to do my own research. I spent an afternoon googling my symptoms. The more I read the more I determined it was a fungal overgrowth that I got from being on an antibiotic back in December for Mastitis.

I did, what I always do when I disagree with the medical field...I called the Naturopath. I am beginning to think I am doing things backwards. Perhaps the Naturopath should be the first opinion I seek, and the Dr.'s help secondary (if it's not life threatening of course).

I reported to the Naturopath what I had researched and what the doctor said. The Naturopath looked over my health record and was able to tell me exactly what to get for it and why it was occurring. After one days' treatment of the supplements I could see it was helping. It's taking some time to get over this but I feel I am on the road to recovery. Thank God! These have not been my better (looking) days!

I confess I seek out the doctor and their medicine first because usually a prescription takes care of the symptoms quickly. It's our culture...we want instant results. But the more I learn the Naturopath's approach to illness the more I am convinced it's the better way. The results may take longer to see but it leads to a healthier body.

My next news I have to report is Cayman is getting a tooth!! It's her first tooth!! How exciting! She's just growing and living in so many ways! What a blessing!

Cutting a tooth means she goes from

Happy...


to Sad...


Very Quickly!

My third news I have to report is we are getting a house!! It's actually happening! It's not like my dream house I wrote about before with the big porch, but that does not lessen my excitement. It's a sweet little ranch that was built in the 1940's and reflects that era from the inside out. The bones of the house are in great condition (roof, windows, foundation, etc.). The previous owners took immaculate care of the place. It just needs a lot of cosmetic work to bring the house into the 21st century. Retro is not my natural style so Mike and I have many great ideas to bring change to the space. I'll share pictures soon.

15 Showin' Comment Love:

Ann said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've never been to a Natropath, I'm not sure we'd even have one out here in middle of no where Washington. I also don't get sick that often, although as I post this I have a terrible cold.

Yea for teeth, boo for grumpy. I think I've been blessed because my boys are amazingly happy teethers. Both boys cut their first teeth without us even noticing.

CONGRATULATIONS on the house! That is so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure even if it isn't quite the dream house God has big plans for it!

Anonymous said...

Lots of good news! Glad you're feeling better. I'm just getting over strep throat and then I had a reaction to the antibiotics. Maybe I should seek out a Naturopath next time.

Congrats to Little Cayman on her very first tooth! And congrats to your family for finding a house. Of course this means moving again, but it will be worth it to be in your very own place. Have fun redecorating. That's one of the things I'm looking forward to if I ever go from renting to owning.

Kacey Bode said...

YAY on the house and the tooth!! We will become homeowners together : ) The pictures of Cayman are so cute, gotta love the quick changing moods! Oh yeah, nice hat, I think I've seen one like that before, haha. Everytime Ella wears it wherever we go people always say what a cute hat that is and ask if I made it, I always say I wish I could have made, a friend made it for Ella. And they always ask if you sell them. SO when you move into your new house and get settled you should begin selling them, I know you have thought of it before so now is the perfect time!!

Anonymous said...

yah for getting better! I love Cayman's hat. And congrats on the house!!!

Lisa Christine said...

Oh what joyful news! A home! I can't wait to see pictures!

And Cayman's 1st tooth! We must see picture of that too. I love her before and after pics....going from a smile to a frown. Poor Elisabeth already has 8 teeth! It's the one thing that she has been advanced with. And now she is getting molars! And you believe it!?

Anyways, I am glad that the naturopath was able to help you. I talked to my friend on Wed night that goes to one locally and she is going to bring me her contact info to church on Sunday. So we'll see if their might be some other kinds of help out there for Elisabeth.

Have a great weekend Kristen and PLEASE post pictures of your house :)

Sherri said...

Yay! A home! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

Her first tooth?!?! How exciting. I remember when Miles got his first, I was a little sad because he no longer had that little gummy baby mouth and teeth coming in is one area that is OK to be delayed in. I just loved those little toothless baby kisses! Sigh...they grow so fast. Get as many gummy kisses in as you can :)

So glad you are finally feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Sad from teething??!!!?? NOOOO.. Sue & I think she's missing us Grandmas. Right Sue? She is such a SweetHeart!!!! XOXOXOXO

Sara said...

Awww, When Kadyn cut his first tooth I didn't even know until it was there. Now he is cutting 5 teeth at one time.

congradulations on the new house!!


I hope you feel better soon also!!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Glad you're starting to feel better! I've never heard of Naturopath... I don't usually go to the doctor for myself because I've always let my body take care of things itself, but I may have to look into for Audrey and my husband.
The 1st tooth! Yay!!! I love photo of babies with their 1st couple of teeth. Audrey's came in very slowly, and it put her in so much pain.
Congratulations on finding a new home! That's wonderful news!! Now you all will be able to make it your dream house with hard work and a little sweat! So, no more Taj, huh?

Anonymous said...

Love th pictures. I am so glad you're feeling better. What's Naturopath? I'd be interested but I've never heard of it.

That's exciting about the tooth. My kids didn't get there first until around 10-11 months either...I thought they were never going to come. Stock up on Tylenol!

Congrats on the house. It will be an exciting time. I can't wait to see how you decorate Cayman's room!

Jill S. said...

I agree with you 100% (maybe more) on the naturopath! I already am seeing improvements with Matthew. We've already successfully taken him off 1 medication. (but have had to add 2, due to totally different things) I did find a chiropracter 1 1/2 hours away that will do a body scan and some kineseology on Matthew along with homeopathy. I'm excited to find someone a bit closer! I am so happy you told me about them. I'll let you know about the body scan. I wish your naturopath was closer!

I am so excited about you finding a house. Yay for you! It'll be nice to have a place to call your own. I can't wait to see pictures. And it's fun(and sometimes frustrating) to remodel. It truly makes it your
style.

Cayman is so cute, smile or sad! Love her to pieces!
Jill

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your house!!! It will be fun to read about the changes you make. Cayman is adorable as usual. :)
I wanted to take Savannah to a natropath for her eczema and see if they could help, but I can't find one in the area that would agree to treat one so young. :(
Hope your eyes feel better!!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. It is no fun to be sick all the time!! I am also excited about Cayman's tooth! She's getting so big so fast! You'll definately have to watch out if she chews on fingers...she'll get ya with the tooth before ya know it! :) I can't wait to see pictures of the house! I am so happy that things are going so well for ya'll! Love ya lots!

Anonymous said...

so glad u're feeling better!!!!!
Cayman looks adorable in both pictures, as always!
And so so exciting about the house! We want before and after remodeling pictures!!!!!!!!!
Love ya,
Valerie

Diane said...

Congrats on all the news. I am happy to hear you are feeling better.
Yeah for teeth. I hope Cayman does better than tyler did when he got his first couple teeth. He would not sleep at night or take naps during the day very well when he was teething. That second pictures is pitiful. I feel so sorry for her.
And yeah for getting out of the Taj. I can't wait to see pictures of the house.