Tomorrow's Plans

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My mind is very busy these days.

I don't quite feel like my happy, care-free self. Even people that don't know me very well are asking me lately if I'm doing alright. I didn't realize my stress level was that obvious. Now I feel very self-conscious.

Oh I know I'm stressed. If Mike gets this job tomorrow we will be moving again. I just cannot fathom another move and so soon!! We moved just 6 months ago!!

I love the feeling of being organized and everything has a place and is in its place. To move is the very opposite of that feeling. It's so much work and I hate the thought of uprooting our lives again.

I got online and searched for properties to rent or buy at what could be our next location. That helped relieve some of my anxiety. I love to decorate and organize so a new place gives me that to look forward to. Plus, another place that possibly could cushion our desirable lifestyle better is hopeful.

I'm excited for Mike if he gets this job. It would be the first job he has had that he will truly be using his degree full force and the hours will give us a chance to have a regular family work week.

There's definitely a lot of positives. (*pause*) I just don't want to move again (*spoken in a whiny tone*).

I have made a very good friend here and I don't want to move away from her. I feel like I'm about six years old when I say that. She's very dear to me. It's been a long time since I have had a tangible girlfriend to hang out with like her. This year has been packed full of emotions for me and having her to talk to has been so healing. She is an amazing listener and has such helpful things to say. I will miss having her just a short drive down the road from me.

So tomorrow is a big day!! We really hope an attractive job offer is given. If it is I will first thank God for it, then I will deeply pray for the strength and energy to endure another move!!

11 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

My Firm is hiring....just have Mike go back and get his accounting degree...I'll put in a good word for him...

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure which way to pray for you guys, to get the job or not - so I'll pray for Peace and Happiness in your House and let the good Lord figure out how to give that to you.

Anonymous said...

I know moving is hard, and I can only imagine how much harder it is with a baby! I also know that sometimes big changes feel much bigger BEFORE they happen than they really were after the fact. At any rate, it appears that you have a strong family and support system so whatever happens...you will never be alone. You're very lucky for that. I hope everything works itself out and you soon feel more at ease. Sending smiles!

Jessie said...

I'll be praying for you!!

Tara said...

Moving is all too apart of my life.. Shawn could come home from work one day with orders that say Camp Legune, North Carolina. The anxiety of it just scares me. Even though that would never happen as long as I could help it anyway. To have everything in it's place, stability in the situation your in is a lifesaver sometimes. And when you can't control it the stress eventually gets to you. I hope that whatever comes out of tomorrow you Mike and Cayman are all pleased!

Jill S. said...

Kristen,

I'm specifically praying for peace for you today-that the Lord's will be done in your life and for the strength to endure whatever changes lie ahead!

Jill

Beth said...

I'm thinking about you and hoping everything works out for the best!

Jennifer said...

Well, I can honestly say that I know how you feel. The military is full of moves and leaving friends. I left my best friend when we moved to Texas, and being the one doing the leaving is WAY easier than being left (KACEY!!! :) ) I will pray that God's will be done and you have peace and comfort.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry. Did my comment sound insensitive. I didn't mean it to. I just know a little how you're feeing.....I'm praying for you!!

Stephanie said...

feeling for you here.

Anonymous said...

Everything always works out for the best, right? :) Hang in there...