From Smiles to Frowns

Saturday, October 25, 2008

There's not much to update. Cayman's still in ICU. Hopefully this evening she will be moved to the floor. Her recovery seems so slow to us, but then again we do realize it's only been 24 hours post surgery. Always the next day after her shunt revisions she was pretty much back to herself. It's definitely not like that for this surgery. It's difficult seeing her personality, that we have come to know, disappear. In all truth, we knew it would be like this. We planned ahead and packed this picture as a comforting reminder that she will smile again soon. It's easy to forget that when surrounded by so many beeping monitors, tubes, and sleepless nights.
Before surgery...


After surgery...

7 Showin' Comment Love:

Tara said...

Brought back way too many memories. Not such good ones. Im praying for Cayman to have a fast and easy recovery with no complications!

Stephanie said...

It is so hard to watch after a major surgery. With the shunts Elisabeth was just like Cayman bak to herself and pain free. With other surgery there is pain and reovery. Bless her little heart.

Anonymous said...

God has brought her through so much...He alone can bring the smile back to her face. She is so blessed to have such vigilant, loving, Christian parents. I will keep her in my prayers. With everyone praying, she will be smiling in no time :)
Hope

Lisa Christine said...

Poor little Cayman. I have had her in my thoughts consistently. I hope she is back to her active little self soon.

She is lucky to have such wonderful and loving parents like you two!

Diane said...

I'm glad to hear her surgery went well. It is so hard to see her laying there so helpless. Just keep thinking of that smile of hers, it will be back in no time. Keeping you in my prayers.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Jill S. said...

Kristen,
Cayman has been in my thoughts and prayers. Glad surgery went well and hope she is quickly on the mend!

I got my package today; it's beautiful. The kids are so excited now for Christmas. It'll look gorgeous on my fireplace. I'll take a picture!

Love and prayers,
jill

Sara said...

Wow! I was laughing for the first video but then by the last video, I was crying. Kadyn has been lucky enough to not need surgery for his hole in his heart. I have prayed for your daughter every night. I think about her everyday and I just hope she gets better soon!!!