Headband

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cayman's got a new headband. I first saw it on this mom's baby (Elisabeth) and she told me it was from this store. The stores are only out west, nowhere near me, but I have a very good friend that lives close to one. She told me she would pick up a headband for Cayman before she came to Ohio for a visit. When she came, she brought Cayman two headbands!!Before hand, I called the store to find out what size Cayman would need. The sales lady asked me for my daughter's head measurement. When I told her it's 48 cm she said, "Oh, that's the same size as my daughter's."

Curious, I asked, "How old is your daughter?"

"21 months."

I smiled to myself at the funny thought that my 5 month old has the same head size as a 21 month old. Cayman's head certainly does not seem that large to me anymore.

My blogging friend, Sherri, who is a beautiful mom to a boy born with Hydrocephalus, wrote this post. It is written so perfectly and I identify with every word. You seriously have to hop over and read this short post because I could not have written it better myself.

11 Showin' Comment Love:

Tara said...

I read that post... I could never honestly put into words what I feel for children like ours. It's still so hard to do. To look at another child and their head be "normal" is so different for me. I can pick another Hydro baby out of a crowded room. Not that im looking. I have no idea how I am going to react to this baby having a "normal" head. It's scary for me to think. Am I constantly going to be staring at his/her soft spot? Am I going to worry everytime this baby throws up??!! Oh the worries! I love those headbands! Im actually going to go check out that store!

Sherri said...

Those are adorable! And that photo of Cayman with her little fingers in her mouth is soooo cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love the headbands!! see you all very soon! YAY! :):)

Anonymous said...

she is so beautiful kris! I was so glad I got to see both of you this past weekend, and I am looking forward to this weekend as well!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic! She is such a doll :)
Hope

Anonymous said...

very cute picture of Cayman!! She is so beautiful Kris!! (i think she's taking after her mommy!!!)

Also, thank Mike for us for his phone call to Nick last night about the craigslist stuff. I feel something a little phishy about this, so I'm super nervous!!!

We can't wait to see you guys Saturday!! Sounds like it's gonna be a fun time!!!!
Have a great day!!
love ya, Valerie

Shannon said...

Love the beautiful new headband! Cayman is such a doll...I can't get over her gorgeous bright eyes! :)

The Donald said...

Nice headband, and even nicer pick of little Cayman. They have some cute clothes in their store too!

Beth said...

Too cute!!!! I wish there was a store close by to us!!

Lisa Christine said...

I am such a slacker!!! I never sent you the measurements of Elisabeth's. Oh well....it looks like you got the perfect fit anyways. She is adorable in that headband!

lordofthepringles said...

Hey Kristen (And Mike)... it's been a very long time since I've seen either one of you, but I just wanted to let you know that I heard about your daughter the other day and have been praying for you guys. She's beautiful, I love the pics you have of her. God Bless You Guys, and I hope the benefit goes well!
Gwen Kinsman