Lost "Thank You's"

Sunday, July 13, 2008

In the 5 moves Mike and I have made within the years we have been married, we have done great at not losing anything during the moving process that had much value to us... except this time.

I have misplaced my "Thank You" list.

It was a list of people that had given to Cayman and us in various ways that we wanted to send a personal "thank you" to. As time allowed, I worked on getting a card sent to each person checked on the list. I had several more to write before we moved. I have searched everywhere for this list and it has not turned up. Now I have no idea whom we have "thanked" and those we have not.

I know this is really impersonal, but please please know how grateful we are for your gifts. Some of you have cooked meals for us, bought Cayman toys, clothes, and diapers, and some even made her a dress, crocheted a blanket, and embroidered bibs. We have had people visit us at home and at the hospital. The monetary gifts we received help paid for our stays at the Ronald McDonald house, our meals, and the expensive gas bills we have every month with all the traveling. Thank you so much! Your gifts have helped us tremendously.

Our expression of gratitude could not be complete without taking the time to say thank you for your prayers, the love, and the attention you have given Cayman. I mostly direct this to our families, friends, the people in our community, and our church family. But I am very aware that there are many people we have never met that have found Cayman's blog that are traveling this journey with us too. We thank you, as well, for caring about our little girl. I am humbled as I have discovered Cayman has her own fan club of people all over the country that pray for her, are inspired by her, and truly care about her. I have learned that Cayman's blog is a homepage on someone's computer, little kids ask to see her pictures and give them daily kisses, and some have even ordered a "Cayman" T-shirt.

How can I possibly express how touched we are?

Tears fill my eyes .

Thank you...seriously, thank you!!!

4 Showin' Comment Love:

Sara said...

Its always nice to know there are people out there who love ur daughter and care about what happens to her. Its a comforting feeling knowing that someone out there prays for her saftey and health, and know that i do everynight before kadyn and i go to bed.

Valerie said...

hey hun! I blogged a little about the shower, but nothing much! Wish you could have made it but COMPLETELY understand why not!! We are coming to Toledo wednesday still and planning on making a trip to babies r us as well. Then if u want to meet for lunch still we'd love it!! Let us know!

Sherri said...

Kristen-
Yes, it sounds as though Miles will have cranial reconstruction at about a year and a half, but not for craniosyntosis (sp?) As far as I know, his bones are not fusing together, but the surgery would be to fix the overriding suture, bumps, etc and give him "regular" shaped head. This will not only help cosmetically, but is supposed to help him with him being able to lift and move his head.
Thanks for your prayers!

Anonymous said...

Actually I don't know if she's head down or not. Next Friday I am supposed have my 35 week appt. and i am guessing he will check me and all that good stuff and I will find more out. Honestly tho, I'd love to deliver by then. I feel completely warn out and definately ready!!! I told Ashalyn today that Mommy wouldn't be mad at all if she decided to come tonight during lamaze class if she is completely healthy. Daddy keeps telling her she has to hold off til at least Aug 3. so he has more vacation time....but I told her that daddy really would get over it if she chose to come tonight!!! :-) Right now he only has 10 hours of vacation and in Aug. he gets 30 more!! :-) I wish he'd understand how READY I feel!!! :-)