Play Time

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cayman played under her floor gym today and was smiling, kicking her feet, and making noises at the dangling animals. It's as if she was discovering them for the first time. She's been really interactive and that is fun to see! Just yesterday she started a new thing. I was playing with her on the floor and my phone rang. When I walked away from her to answer it she started making baby noises. As soon as I turned back around she started smiling and kicking her feet. I decided to test this and see if she'd do it again. She kept it up for several minutes. I am thrilled to see her learning how to use her "voice" beyond crying, and showing social desires. Mike and I have never known what we could expect with Cayman's development. We feared our baby would be more like a vegetable than a human being. I am so amazed by her and how well she's doing!

16 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Ssooooooo adorable!

Sara said...

That is amazing, I remeber when kadyn first started babbling and smiling. Ill post oa picture of his first smile on my blog. Kadyn has few different play things, to help with his eye development since thats behind, and he just smiles laughs and kicks and rolls and its sooo funny. She is just sooo adorable

Kacey Bode said...

I have to tell you that for her age she is further along developmentally than Ella was at that age. That is SO good!!

Anonymous said...

Cayman looks good wearin her Ohio State socks! hehe. :):)

Lisa Christine said...

I love it! These are such cute pictures! Thanks for sharing them. She looks adorable in that cherry outfit!

It is so fun when a baby gets old enough to start interacting and playing. I am so glad to hear that Cayman is starting to do normal baby things like babbling and playing with toys. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo awesome. She is such a cutie! It is great when they finally start getting a personality and exploring the world around them. It's so exciting!

Jill S. said...

Kristen,

So cute, it's fun to watch them interact and play isn't it!

Jill

Anonymous said...

When I see these pictures I want to leave work right now to come home and play with her.

Beth said...

What a doll!!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! She is getting so big already :) I am glad to hear that she is interacting with people and making baby noises, it's so much fun. I will pray that she keeps progressing as quickly as she is!
Hope

Anonymous said...

I think the last picture of Cayman looks like her Mommy... when her Daddy says "Let's go get ice cream"... :o)

Anonymous said...

those Ohio State booties look familiar....we have a pair of those also!! Anyways, this pictures are absolutely priceless and bring tears to my eyes. Just seeing Cayman respond to the dangling toys like this I believe is proving that developmentally she is going to prove people wrong!! If you look at the developmental play stages of an infant, it appears she is conquaring almost all of a two month old. She has several facial expressions, i've seen pictures of her staring and responding to toys in front of her (which by the way, the picture of this in this post, is absolutely precious) you said she responds to you walking away (to answer your phone) she is talking at you and her toys, pictures of her open handed. When I pray for little Cayman, I thank God for these little, but yet such big things that I notice in your blogs and pictures!! Cayman really is a strong and intelligent little girl. She has progressed and developed way beyond expectations already and we are so incredibly thankful for that!! It may be a sstruggle to understand sometimes God's plan, but there are so many little things that Cayman does, that shows God's greatness!!! She is a true inspiration to me and I am already blown away by her progress!!!!
Keep posting the pictures, they bring smiles to my days!!!! :-)
Love ya,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you already have looked this up or received this information somewhere along the line, but after my last comment, i thought I'd find a little info in one of my college books to back these milestones up....my text books are packed away tho..so googled Piaget's Cognitive developmental Stages and found at the American Medical Association page the milestones of a 1-3 month old if you are interested!!! Once again, lots of the things I mentioned are in here and Cayman is doing most!!!! And she's not quite 3 months yet!!! I'm sure you guys are so proud of your little angel!! http://www.medem.com/search/article_display.cfm?path=n:&mstr=/ZZZYG2HU59C.html&soc=AMA&srch_typ=NAV_SERCH

Anonymous said...

I go to church with some of your family the Lepla's that is how I got your blog. I love following Cayman's progress. She is beautiful!!! Dana

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are adorable...I love her outfit with the cherries... She looks so happy and just keeps on smiling..She loves her toys and momma!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HELLO, MY NAME IS DANIELLE AND I AM ALSO A MOTHER. I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A LOVING PARENTS.

YOUR PRINCESS IS REALLY SWEET, I HAVEN'T EVER MET HER IN PERSON BUT I ALREADY FELT IN LOVE WITH HER, SHE HAS A REALLY SPECIAL LIGHT!

LOV

DANIELLE ( BRAZIL)