Welcome to Motherhood

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So here's how I know I've entered motherhood:

  • When I hear the dryer ding only a few minutes after starting it and my mother-in-law goes to check on it for me and discovers I forgot to put the clothes from the washer into it.
  • I take Cayman to her doctor's appointment and discover I put makeup on only one eye.
  • I can't find my cell phone, so I ask Mike to call it, and I run around the room madly, following the sound until I locate the phone under a pile of unsorted mail.
  • I spend the entire week in sweats.
  • I look forward to getting out of the house with Cayman, and then can't wait to return home because I'm exhausted from hauling her, the diaper bag, my purse, the car seat, and the stroller.
  • I've caught spit-up in my hands.
  • I call my mom everytime Cayman does something really cute.
  • It's the middle of the day and I start to not feel well and I suddenly realize I have forgotten to eat all day.
  • My idea of a good day is making it through without Cayman leaking any bodily fluids on me.
  • My idea of a good night is getting 3 uninterrupted hours of sleep
  • I have to change my shirt mutliple times in a day
  • I'm up each night late wiping, washing, drying, loading, unloading, flushing, sweeping, pumping, picking up, changing sheets, changing diapers, bathing, paying bills, budgeting, clipping coupons, folding clothes, putting to bed, dragging out of bed, rocking, brushing, feeding, swinging, and cuddling.
  • One little smile from my girl sends me dancing around the room

Yep, motherhood is everything and more that I hoped it would be! I'm loving it!! This feels like what I was made for.

7 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I think you're a good mommy! :):)

Anonymous said...

and you are doing so great with it!! And remember this Sunday is ALL ABOUT YOU!!!!!!! What a perfect little blog to use to wish u a happy mother's day to one of the best!!
Love ya girl!
Valerie

Shannon said...

I LOVE this post...only a good mom would even notice and enjoy the things on your list. :) I'm so happy I "found" you--even though a lot of the things we deal with day to day are different, I feel like we still have so much in common. :) Hope you have a wonderful mother's day!!!

Lisa Christine said...

You are a wonderful mother and Cayman is truly blessed to have you!

Sherri said...

What a great post. You can tell you LOOOVE being a Mommy- You are just beaming in all of your photos! What a lucky little gal :)

Kacey Bode said...

And motherhood looks SO good on you!!! Yep, you know you are a good mommy when you do all that work and all it takes is that one little smile and everything is all better!!! LOVE love love the pictures of you two girls!!!

PS I saw that you tagged me and I swear I will do it soon : )

Anonymous said...

You two are sooo adorable:) I think it is tooo funny how you only had one eye with makeup on it!!!!! Ha, Ha....
The things and stuff we do as mother's..... TOOOO cute