More Outings

Monday, May 26, 2008

On Sunday we went to the nearby Lake for the annual family get together on Grandma Sue's side. This was the first for Cayman to meet these relatives. It was a bit breazy so we kept her wrapped in a blanket with it up around her face to fully protect her and she did not like that so I wasn't able to stay real long with her. But everyone thought she was sweet.

Daddy left for work from the Lake, and Cayman and I went to Grandma Cindy's house. Cayman made another friend, Carla. She came over to meet our little angel. Carla is a good friend of my family's. She was also Mike's day care teacher when he was little. Boy, does she have the stories to tell about Mike! He was much like Denise the Menice when he was a little kid.

I noticed on Saturday Cayman's head looked like it was changing a bit. Then on Sunday it looked bigger. I measured it and found that it was up to 46 cm!! I kept her propped up all night long to help encourage the drainage, but I see this morning it doesn't look any different. She's been extra fussy too and not eating well. All this has me worried that her shunt has failed again. We see the Neurosurgeon on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll find out what's going on.

4 Showin' Comment Love:

Beth said...

YAY for a fun outing!! We'll be thinking and praying that the Neurosurgeon can provide some answers and that Cayman is not uncomfortable in the mean time!

Jill S. said...

kristen,
I'll be praying for Cayman that she does not need to have surgery again and that the fluid will begin to drain. So glad that you guys were able to get out and about!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know that lady!!!!!

Praying for Cayman and her shunt situation. We pray that it continues to drain on it's own and another surgery will not be necessary!!

We are still hoping to get together sometime to see u and Cayman again!!!!!

love ya,
Valerie and Nicholas

Lisa Christine said...

Oh no! Not another shunt failure! I'll pray that it isn't. Poor Cayman has been through enough.

As far as head circumferences go, I just measured Elisabeth's two days ago and it is STILL the same size as birth. Of course, I wasn't expecting it to change because of the craniosynostosis, but I keep measuring in case a miracle has happened :)

I am glad to see that you got to go on a little getaway too!