Cayman's Onesie

Friday, April 4, 2008

When we were still in the hospital with Cayman, my mom brought us this onesie. It is amazing! Our good friend Jim Miller drew this design onto this onesie! This man has serious talent!!


There was a letter along with it that read:

Dear Kristen & Mike,
I first used this pattern about 8 months ago. My sister-in-law asked me for something special and this is what I came up with. I'ven never given it a name, so I've decided to call it "Cayman" now. Your beautiful daughter should be its namesake. Any use it will have in the future will bear her name. I also included a wish for her in the design. That wish is that no matter what happens in life, Cayman will always wear her heart on her sleeve.

All my love & Prayers,
James Miller

Does that not move you to tears? It's so touching! Jim is starting a business of drawing on clothes. If you want to order your baby a "Cayman" onesie or find out what else he designs you can email him at jim@ryanwallaceshow.com.

10 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet thing for him to do. The design is beautiful, just like Cayman :)

Anonymous said...

oh goodness, I love it!! It's beautiful and then for him to name it Cayman. So very dear!! I just may have to order one for our little one on the way!! We should be finding out soon boy or girl!!
Happy belated anniversary! And hope u got rested up last night from your prior night!! If there's anything we can do to help, u have our number!! Even if it's just taking a few loads of your laundry or something!
Valerie

Jennifer said...

Wow! That did move me to tears!! Does that come in 2T? :)

Anonymous said...

I was waiting to see what Jim did for Cayman! I have been reading your posts Kirsten and praying for your dear family. You are all beautiful inside and out! May God continue to bless you with this dear baby and her remarkable progress! Jim's mother in law(Sarah's mom) Linda

Lisa Christine said...

Gorgeous! That was one of the sweetest things that I have ever read. What an amazing man, and talented at that!

Kacey Bode said...

Really, do you think he could make it on a size 2T shirt. Those are so beautiful, and I love the message he attached to it!

Sarah M said...

For anyone who checks this: Jim can make these in any size. If you want to order it, just tell him the size and we'll get it and he can make it. Thanks for the interest!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, This is Melisa from New Mexico! Amy sent me the link to your blog. Your family has been in my prayers. I love the onesie!!My computer won't let me open the link, is there another way to order a onesie? I would love to get one for my niece, she was born just a few days after Cayman. I love that name too! She looks so cute in the pretty hats you made for her!

tharker said...

Wow! That onesie is awesome! I think it is so appropriate that it bears Cayman's name. What an honor!

Seriously...I love that design so much...I want a T-shirt in my size!!!

James said...

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the onesie. Emailing me is the easiest, fastest, and pretty much only way to order my work at this point.


Like Sarah said, I can do any size, so if you want a matching shirt for yourself with a onesie, I can do that too. I've even tossed around the idea of a continuous design between the two so that you can lay the onesie on top of the shirt, and the design would continue onto it. Sort of a "Mommy/Baby" pair. Pricing is individually assessed based on difficulty, but adding a name to shirts or onesies is free.

Again, thanks for all the positive feedback! Please use the onesies to build awareness of Cayman and her strength in adversity.

P.S. I really want to do a pair of onesies with Cayman's pattern for a set of twins... I'm willing to do two for the price of one for the first "twins" order I get.