Big Prayers Needed

Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm going to make this brief because I don't like thinking about it. But it's so HUGE that I can't leave it unspoken because I believe in the power of prayer...and a lot in specific prayer!!

One of my post
from when we were at Duke I meantioned that Dr. Kurtzberg had some blood drawn on Cayman to test for a specific gene disorder she thinks Cayman could possibly have. The name of this disorder is Fanconi Anemia. It's a rare inherited disease that can lead to bone marrow failure or other cancers. Fanconi anemia may be associated with heart, kidney, and/or skeletal malformations. Which I think might be what tripped Dr. Kurtzberg since Cayman has all three of these issues.

It takes 3 weeks for the test results to come back. Oh how badly I want them to be negative. My worse fear has always been that they would find something that would only lead to more health issues throughout her life and eventually would be fatal. I don't want to live my worse fear. Please pray!!

2 Showin' Comment Love:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little doll you have been blessed with! We're praying for you all and wishing there was something we could do for you.
Hugs!
Bobbi and family

Anonymous said...

We will be BOMBARDING Heaven for our Cayman! We love you!

Hugs & Kisses,

Aunt Linda/Great Aunt Linda

XXOXOXOXOXO