another change of look

Friday, February 29, 2008

Finally, I have found a background that I like!

I talked to the doctor's office yesterday. For 4 days now I have been in extreme discomfort to the point it is very difficult to walk. I knew it wasn't contractions but I didn't know if it was something else that I should be alarmed about. And since it was not getting any better I called one of the high risk pregnancy nurses. Cayman's head is completely down now, and she said it is very typical at this stage of the pregnancy for things to become more uncomfortable. And since my baby's head is enlarged it is probably putting more strain on the ligaments and muslces. She assured me that the baby's head is still protected by the amniotic fluid, so even though I feel a lot of pain and discomfort the baby's head is not under anymore extra pressure because of her downward placement in the womb. She told me that I should take it easy and not be doing anything extra. She said this is not one of those situation where you can "walk it off". By being more active would probably only aggravate it more. One good thing that has come from this is I feel less nervous for my C-section. It makes me even more ready to get her foot out of my ribs, and the pressure off my lower abdomen. Something else new that just started for me is heartburn...not fun! Especially since antiacids gross me out!

So here's a picture of Uncle Tyson (a.k.a. my brother). No he's not passed out drunk. He had his wisdom teeth out.

6 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to never fall asleep at your house... :o)

Beth said...

I LOVE the new background!! And I will definitely be checking back on the blog to here updates about Cayman (and you too, of course)!!!

Beth

Lisa Christine said...

oh...wisdom teeth...they want to do that to me! I was at the dentist a week or so ago and they want to surgically remove all 4 of them. They never grew in because they are laying down sideways. It's no rush....they said I would need help with the girls though. So I think I'll plan it for when my mom comes up in September for Elisabeth's 1st birthday party. I'll probably look like your brother - out for the count.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you didn't 'get even' with Tyson by drawing on his face or placing 'clothes' on him before the picture

Anonymous said...

oh the joy of having sisters.....

Beth said...

I had never taken a Tums or any antacids before I was pregnant and heartburn ruled that 9 months (well 18 months if you count both) of my life! The ones I could "handle" were the Tums Smooth Dissolve. They really aren't that bad - unless you've already tried them!
Beth