The Remodeling Continues

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The remodeling changes are getting to the point of intense fun. It was definitely fun right from the start, but now it's even more. The real changes are beginning to take shape. Where before the vision of the rooms were seen only by our mind's eye, now we are standing in the very tangible sight of our new morphed space.

If you remember it started out as...oh wait, you probably do not remember because I never captured a 'before' shot of the rooms. Oops.

(below photo) This is looking into the 3rd bedroom of our house, which will become our little boy's nursery. (this is the best 'before' shot I have)

That doorway leading into the extension room off the third bedroom was remodeled to completely divide the two rooms from each other.



There is Lindsay and Mike closing in the open doorway. Mike is the one in red (like I really had to tell you that) and Lindsay I promise next time to capture your better side. :)



Abracadabra and *poof* the doorway disappeared!
An extra layer of insulation was installed between the newly divided rooms to help sound proof them. And the reward of the day goes to the person who came up with this awesome idea which would be Mike, the one patting himself on the back right now. :)





I am such a lucky girl to have the best drywaller in town in my home for this part of the job. (spp, that's my dad). So it sounds a little biased I know and it may be but it is also the absolute truth. And before he lectures me on writing such stuff I better just add that he's retired from the drywalling business so don't call on him. He claims he's getting too old for this stuff. ;)



All those above pictures were from the nursery's side. Now I will take you completely around to the other side of the newly enclosed wall to show you the progress in my massage office.

It went from this...



To this...



And now to that...

It is all ready to be painted!!

Then all that's left is:
  • putting on the doors
  • and the rest of the trim
  • a little bit more painting to those areas
  • install new flooring (for those wondering minds, "No we are not keeping that plaid carpeting!)
  • and the final decorating touches (details, I'm all about the details. Now if only I can convince Mike that our budget is too *wink wink*).

Like I said, very exciting changes!!

9 Showin' Comment Love:

The James Family said...

Amazing!! They did an awesome job. I so can't wait to see it finished!! I REALLY can't wait to see it in person!! :) You should have kept the carpet - it would have gone great with all Mike's Ohio state junk!! :) Love you Mike!

Diane said...

Love the transformation. I can't wait to see the finished product with all the details.

Tiffany said...

Very exciting indeed!!! Can't wait to see it all when it's done.

Lisa Christine said...

Okay, I will admit that I have always been partial to plaid. But I'm not so sure about putting it on the floor...so I will agree with your decision to go with something else :)

I've said before and I'll say it again...this is so much better than HGTV!

Gabriella said...

You're motivating me to get cracking on our home projects that never were...

Jill S. said...

It is looking so awesome Kristen!! I can't believe how much you have gotten done! Can't wait to see your decorating and finishing touches! Have fun!

David said...

7th!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Just stopping by to check out your blog and say hi! We are so excited to have you and Mike join our home group and can't wait to meet you all. Love seeing before and after pictures of remodels. It looks great! And your little Cayman is absolutely precious!