Praise Baby

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our first morning at home, after a week in the hospital, it was delightful, even more than usual to wake up and lift Cayman out of her crib.

To change a diaper.

Fix a morning bottle.

And snuggle on the couch with her.

My heart was full of praise, as I am sure you can imagine!

And Cayman, well she did something new...

She pointed at the DVD player. And when I asked, "What do you want?", she looked me right in the eye and put her little arms straight up in the air much like in the same fashion as she does for "touchdown". But it was not touchdown that she was conveying.

She was asking for her Praise Baby, an interactive DVD filled with a blend of children, animals, and animated graphics played over a soothing melody mix of Praise and Worship songs.

I was surprised she remembered it. It had been weeks since we watched it last. And I was doubly surprised that she knew the DVD player in connection with the Praise Baby.

It was one of those moments where my heart was so proud I thought it might nearly burst.

I popped the DVD into the player and we poured our praises out.



Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him! -Psalm 147:1

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Colette said...

What a beautiful picture ... and I can imagine it was a very beautiful morning too! Cayman looks so happy and healthy in this picture ... its hard to even comprehend that a week earlier it was such a different story! Am delighted Cayman is doing great and obviously progressing so well as shown when she asked for that particular DVD .. Praise Baby, Praise indeed! Best wishes, your family is in my prayers! :)

Anonymous said...

Praise and thanksgiving for Cayman and you - for sharing her with us!

(Still LOVE that pink hairy chair!)

Barbara

my life: said...

Wow...I've just finished reading the entire event. As I poured over your words...the tears spilled out of my eyes. So close to home. I remember well...my own experience (7mo ago) with our shunt malfunction.
Thank you Jesus...for allowing her to come back to you!

Diane said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Diane, Tyler's mom

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing about the Praise Baby Dvd's. I had no idea that they existed! I will be purchasing a couple for Lillian.... I just KNOW she will love them!

Krissy said...

Kristen, I have definitely seen my share of miracle kids. I think Cayman takes the cake for miracle kids, seriously. I just cannot fathom that only a couple of weeks ago she was "dead" and now there she is following along with her dvd. She is so amazing!

Tiffany said...

What a great picture and that is definitely something to be proud of!!

P.S. Can I have your address? :)

*Monica said...

What a precious story!

Lisa Christine said...

Wonderful, wonderful!