lake vacation: The Cottage

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Last week, we vacationed with Mike's family at a lake cottage. It was a little piece of Heaven on Earth.

The Stamm Family, plus Tyson (my brother) who joined us later in the week.

This is the cottage we rented for the week.


Standing on the dock, this is the view of the cottage.

And here's the view of the cottage from the lake.

The best part of the cottage is the view of the lake.


I love the open floor plan of the cottage. Whether someone was cooking, eating at the dining table, or watching TV on the couch, we were all together, enjoying the marvelous view of the lake (see the picture below).

We had a completely wonderful time at the lake. I am excited to share more pictures and stories with you this week.

9 Showin' Comment Love:

Lindsey said...

Welcome back!
That lake looks gorgeous; which lake is it?? Thanks for sharing pictures of your vacation- those of us stuck at home still got a view of "somewhere else" through you. I bet that Cayman just had a wonderful time, and that your families had a wonderful time with Cayman! Hope that you're feeling rested & rejuvenated. :)

Grandma Cindy said...

Yipppeeeee! You are back...but where are all the pix of Cayman?? Sorry - the cottage is nice but Grandma misses her little 'princess'. XOXOXOXO

Tara said...

Yay your back! lol! Im a sucker for your blog! Cayman reminds me of Michelle with how much progress she makes. I read your blog and then I think back to Michelle at that age and just remember her so small yet just so strong. And now she's big and so strong! Anyway im glad that you guys had a good week!

Katie said...

MISSED YOU!

SO glad you had fun!

BEAUTIFUL place!!!!

Angie said...

Wow that place is beautiful! I'm glad you had a good time :)

Anonymous said...

The cottage looks awesome! Glad to hear you all enjoyed your time away.

Grandma Cindy said...

I can't to see what tomorrow holds!
What will Kristen blog about??? SO nice to have them home :o)!!!

Lisa Christine said...

That looks completely relaxing! Welcome home :)

Jennifer said...

It's so beautiful! I'm glad you're back! I missed the blogs. :)
My family took a week vacation at the beach this year, and there is nothing like being with family on the water. I'm glad you had a good time.