Summer Experiences: GRASS

Monday, June 22, 2009

This is Cayman's 2nd summer, but in many ways it's like a first for her.

Last year, she was just a little baby, a few months old, that was recovering from several surgeries. During Cayman's stay in the NICU, we learned that there are times when stimulation can be harmful to a baby, especially one that is recovering from so much.So we kept Cayman very sheltered...

protecting her...

providing an environment where she could rest and recover.

This summer is quite different! Cayman is older, stronger, and is experiencing what summer is all about, as we are too! {"Blessed Normalcy, I don't take you for granted."}

Summer Experince #1: laying barefoot in the grass


She smiled and liked the experience as long as she did not have to touch the grass. She kept her hands and feet tucked up and in.

14 Showin' Comment Love:

Mary said...

So cute.......I love the mass of curls she is getting. I was so hoping Riley would have his dads curls but at least of my kiddos have them.

Beth said...

Look at how much she has grown!!!!!! She is beautiful and so glad she is getting to experience summer - hope you guys arent having 100 degree weather!

The James Family said...

I can't wait to see her soon! How much fun are her and Keegan going to have! Plus I can't wait to see her with Triniti!! I lover her curls... she must have got them from her Aunt Tammi! :) Love you guys!

Tara said...

Reading this reminds me so much of how we were with Michelle. Last year was truely her "first" summer. She got to experience the beach and the ocean and she LOVES it. Now to just get the cast off so she can go back in it! Cayman will learn to love the grass with time! Yay for the great outdoors!

Anonymous said...

It really is like her first summer. All those firsts....have you gone for ice cream yet? :)

Diane said...

Oh my gosh..she is getting so big. I love the curls!! Here is to FUN summer days ahead.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Grandma Cindy said...

Isn't she just BeauTiFul?!?!?!? And she is My granddaughter!!! I am so blessed!!!! And her personality is just as beautiful!!!

Katie said...

Amazing how time flies, ya' know?

I'd bet when you look back on last year and see how far she has come...how all of those surgeries were worth it.... How all of your secluded recovery time was well spent, how all your tears you cried God holds still in His hands...I'd bet that watching Cayman in the grass was one of the most rewarding simple pleasures in life.

Thanks for inspiring me to enjoy the simple pleasures!

Grandma S said...

She is so pretty...I just want to grab her and cuddle.

Sarah M said...

So glad she is doing so well, and able to enjoy summer. I'm so glad you guys are in your own house now, too! God is good and it is amazing to see His provision for all of you!

We send lots of love to the three of you!

*Monica said...

I have been too busy to comment with VBS going on, but had to say how cute her feet are!

Summer rules!

Sherri said...

Look at that hair! She is so very cute :) You are lucky you don't know me in real life because I'm pretty sure I would try to eat her cute little toes :)

Lisa Christine said...

Now here is where she and Lizzy differ....Elisabeth loves the grass :)

Jennifer said...

It's similar for Elijah, too. It's his second summer, but he's really experiencing it for the first time. He still isn't sure at all about the grass. He screamed when we stood him in it the first couple times. He doesn't scream anymore, but he won't move. He just stands there, waiting for someone to save him. LOL

Last year he HATED the water, but this year he loves the pool. At least there is that. :cD

Cayman is such a cutie!