Helmet

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cayman's 2nd helmet fitting yesterday was successful. She now has her pretty pink helmet and does not mind wearing it too bad. She gets a little fussy sometimes but we are working up to it. Over the next week she only has to wear it part time, increasing the hours during the day til she is wearing it a full 23 hours each day.

Last night Cayman wore it to bed and it did not disrupt her sleep. I am very grateful for that.

She tires out more quickly but she maintains her head control well while wearing it. I am also very grateful for that. I do not want the helmet to slow her down.Cayman is not the only one adjusting to her helmet. Mike and I are too. Our cuddle times with Cayman feel so different. Over the last months we have spent a lot of time rubbing Cayman's head, stroking her hair, and kissing her forehead. It's not quite the same feeling placing your cheek against a cold plastic helmet, but I can guarantee that will not stop us from cuddling. She is such a snuggle bug. In this picture you can see Cayman's first tooth (it's on the bottom). She's already working on popping through her second.

22 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

Grandma wants a little cuddle time with Cayman too. She is such a little doll! She takes everything in stride and is not a complainer. I love that you can still see her hair. It looks so long!

Does Cayman want to come and play at McDonald's with Sidney and CeCe on Saturday?

Beth said...

What a little doll she is!!! I cannot believe she is almost a year old (that means I've been reading your blog for a year now!).

I think the helmet is very fashionable and she pulls it off beautifully!!!! Hope it all continues to go well! Love the pic of her and Daddy, nothing sweeter...

Mrs. Smith said...

That is a very fashion-forward, "hip" helmut! I love it when they get their little teeth - it changes their looks so much! Bye bye baby and hello little girl! :)

Lisa Christine said...

It's the perfect color pink :)

So how much does it weigh? I imagine that they try to make it as light as possible.

The tooth is adorable. She'll be biting into apples before you know it!

Happy 1 year anniversary to our friendship!

(will you be in your new house for Cayman's b-day? if so, email me the address so I can send her a little something special from her friend Elisabeth.)

My name is Sarah said...

I LOVE your helmet. And tooth too. Wow!!! What a big girl.

Josephine said...

I'm so glad she doesn't seem to mind it! And it is super cute, although I can see why it might make cuddle time a little different.
Ah, first teeth! Good times! Did she have a hard time with it?

Sherri said...

The helmet and the tooth are adorable, but I'm loving the eye lashes! What a pretty little girl :)

Kristen said...

Josephine,

Cayman did not have too hard of a time cutting her first tooth, or this second one that's coming. She is a little fussy. She is always so happy that her fussy times only last but a few minutes. However, she is very congested and I do believe that is from the teeth.

Carla said...

I love her helmet!! I'm glad to hear she is not objecting to it. Congratulations on the tooth! Way to grow Cayman!

Anonymous said...

Cayman is such a miracle...I mean who thought You and Mike would have a cute kid?? If that isnt a miracle then I dont know what is :)....love u guys, see u saturday!!!

Sara said...

Awwww her first tooth. Kadyn is like on his (counting them in my head) 13th tooth? Oh my. Her helmet is sooo cute too!!! They still don't think Kadyn need one. His head is still shaping as he is growing. SO we will see. She is tooo darling!

Jill S. said...

Sweet baby Cayman, you are so cute in your helmet. What a pretty shade of pink! What a beauty! I can't believe it....teeth! She certainly is growing up!

Hamza Zakir said...

awww......my neice had the helmet for like 3 months...she still has it but will be taken off in about 2 weeks.....and she took it really good.....when she got used to it...one thing was that it irrated her skin alot....like the minute it would go off she would start scratching he head......good luck....

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Cayman is tolerating her helmet so well already!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

So cute...I love the little tooth. They always seem to come in twos so beware. And watch your fingers...those things are sharper than necessary I think! haha...maybe that's because Hunter has almost drawn blood at times if we are not quick enough feeding him!

Diane said...

Nothing seems to phase sweet Cayman and she seems to adapt very well to everything. (I am sure there are times that you may not think so when she is fussing). But she is so sweet. I LOVE the pink helmet.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

She is awesome! That pink is a very flattering color on her!

Teething... All I have to say is Thank the Heaven above for Hyland's Teething Tablets!!! Just wait for her upper teeth... Audrey tolerated her bottom two really well and now the top two are trying to come through. Drool Drool Drool everywhere!

Cayman looks great! How long will she have to wear it 23/7?

Enjoy those cuddles!! She is so sweet!

Ann said...

That is the perfect girly pink color. She looks quite cute in it. She is such a pretty girl!

Jason has 4 teeth with none in sight right now. Praying her teeth don't give her too hard of a time.

Jennifer said...

Love the pink color, and she is such a trooper!!! The pic of her snuggling with daddy is super sweet.

Anonymous said...

Work that helmet, Cayman!! She is so stinking cute I can't take it! Love the new tooth...that is the fun phase...then before you know it they are first graders and they all start falling out and they look goofy! :)

*Monica said...

Everybody already said everything, she is CUTE, the pink is PERFECT, and baby teeth are as sharp as razors!

Hi Cayman!

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie! And it's so nice that they made the helmet in such a pretty color - the pink really suits her. And having a new tooth too! How awesome is that? For some reason I think they really start to look "grown up" when they get teeth. How exciting!