Recap of the Weekend in the Hospital

Monday, October 27, 2008

I took a lot of pictures over the weekend. That's what happens when I'm stuck in a small room with a camera.

Here's a few.
**Gifts from baby Ashalyn.**













**Doped up on some heavy drugs to prepare Cayman for taking the chest tube out.**

**the chest tube**

**Taking the chest tube out. She was very calm and did not feel much because of the drugs they gave her.**

**Passing the time.**











**the ultrasound technician had his office decked out with Ohio State stuff.**

**This was the apparatus they put Cayman in to do a chest x-ray. She's actually standing up, being held only by the straps and banana seat her bottom is sitting on.**

**Bye-bye hospital.**

17 Showin' Comment Love:

Shannon said...

Cayman looks very cute sitting on the window waiting to leave the hospital! Her smile sure is sweet as well. Who rigs up the toys hanging above her? I wondered if the hospital did that. I pray for her every day and I am so impressed by the strength of your little girl!
The other Shannon

Tara said...

Thats me when im confined in small places!

Sara said...

IM SOOOOOOO HAPPY SHE IS HOME! Sorry Kadyn decied to kick the cap locks on, like always. I'm glad she is home and she is doing better. Must be a relief that once she fully heals she will feel a lot better! Home in time for halloween to yay!

Jerry, Tia, Kaiden And Hunter said...

We are so glad she's home and doing well. I'm bummed we couldn't come and see ya'll. Maybe next time it will work out! I love the picture of her looking out the window! Too cute!! I hope you can catch up on rest now at home. Talk to you later!

Jennifer said...

She does NOT look amused with that chest x-ray thing. ha ha
I love the picture of her looking out the window. So cute!

Angela said...

Ack! Smoosh her cheekies with kisses! Now! From me! (obviously)

Now, wrap your arms around yourself really tight and squeeze! Hug from me! (obviously)

Toss a pillow at Mike's head! Yeah, we'll just leave it at that. He still has a few more coming. For the grape to the eye. My eye that is. (obviously)

Sidenote: I had that exact same kitty when I was little, except mine was white and not pink. I named her Princess. What? Don't judge. You always wanted to name your barbie Crystal.

Jill S. said...

Glad your home, I love the picture of her sleeping!! She is so sweet!! Smooch those cheeks for me!!

Jill

Sherri said...

You must so proud of how well Cayman did! I bet you are just thrilled to be home, too. I love the photos! Especially the x-ray :)

Aimee said...

So excited to be leaving! Seems her hospital visit went very well. Glad it only lasted a few days. She is looking hale and hearty, praying she'll stay that way.

Anonymous said...

In the picture where she is looking out the window I think she is saying '"Look out Grandmas I;m coming home!"

Chelsea said...

We're so glad she's home and everything went well! Those pictures brought tears to my eyes...it must have been so hard to see her hooked up to all that!

Anonymous said...

OH....phew!! She is so sweet and calm and beautiful. She is really a gift! I'm so glad you are home and all is well.

Lisa Christine said...

Love the pic second from the bottom and the one of the feet...precious!

Valerie said...

Such a strong little girl!! Actually, I don't know anyone stronger!!!! I love how she's smiling so big already as you leave the hospital!! That's a pretty cute picture!!!!!!
Ashalyn is so glad Cayman liked the gifts!!!! :-) And that Cayman's mommy took pictures of it!!!! How sweet!!!

Ann said...

I love that you took a picture of your blog! That is totally something I would do. Glad you are home.

Kacey Bode said...

Oh my goodness, those last two pictures are fabulous!!!! I enjoyed getting caught up and am so glad you guys are home having loungy days!!! YAY CAYMAN!!

Jennifer Owens said...

The picture of her with her hands by her face is BEAUTIFUL! Her hair is growing so fast. She may catch up with Mattson soon. Miss you so very much. I love watching God do miracles in your baby girl's life.