So Long, Farewell House

Friday, May 16, 2008

We accepted an offer on our house today!! We close in a month. So the plan is to shop for an apartment or house to rent over the next month. If we find one that fits our needs and budget then we'll get it but if we don't, my in laws have welcomed us to continue staying with them as long as we need...especially if Cayman is staying. Grandma Sue is going to miss her so much when we move! We've been waiting for our house to sell since December. Now that it has it's bitter sweet. Getting rid of the mortgage feels great, but we also loved our house. We did not have it for very long but we have a build up of memories there. It was our first real place together. The neighbors are wonderful! The absolute best! We miss them a lot! Plus this house was 2 miles from the beach! The train station going into Chicago was only a mile away. There were so many great things about living there. But our families weren't there. That is why we left this awesome place behind! It's crazy as I think about all the changes we have survived over the last year: pregnant, Cayman's scary diagnosis, accepting a job offer out of state, putting the house up for sale, giving our cat away, moving in with my in-laws, and Cayman's birth. I don't resist change but I am definitely not one that embraces it with poise. It takes me awhile to adjust. In my husbands words, "She freaks out until she sees everything is OK." I'm surviving much more than I thought I ever would...and not just surviving but enjoying life too. It sure helps when you have great people in your life. I love my mom so much! I think she is the smartest, strongest woman I have ever met. She's been such a support and help to me. And Mike...if every husband was like him there would be a lot less divorces. I have loved getting to know my mother-in-law while living at their place. Mike's parents have done so much for us. They are great cooks so we have eaten well. They have let us haul our junk in and Cayman's stuff alone has taken over the place, and they don't complain. Even though moving in the middle of my pregnancy was stressful, it was the perfect decision. And Mike's job has been such a blessing to us. It may seem like crazy hours but that's why it works so well for us. Mike has been able to make it to almost all of the doctor appointments because he has the week days off. He is home a lot more with this job than he was when we lived in Indiana. As I look back on all of the craziness these changes brought to us, I see that God knew what He was doing all along.


"Good-bye House. We're going to miss you!!"

3 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

yup, this is what I was talking about!! I heard from your mom, who was very excited, but yet very sad because this means u will be moving farther away with Cayman! We have been praying for all the little things as well, even this one!! So it brought a smile to my face as your mom told us! Just remember if u need any help at all moving do NOT hesitate to call!!
Love ya!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

That is a cute house:) I love the tree in the front yard....Kind of like a doll house....Adorable:) I didn't even know you had that house...See the stuff we learn....Well, it is better off this way and your doing everything right....You'll find another doll house in the future:)

Lisa Christine said...

What a beautiful home! I am so happy that you were able to sell it. It's a tough market these days. We have a house that we used to live in, but we just couldn't sell it when we bought the house we live in now (3 years ago), so now we have renters. It's worked out OK, but it is a bit stressful. We are hoping that they will buy it from us some day.
Anyhow, this all branches from me saying..congrats!! It sold!