Sleep Tight

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday May 31, 2008

Cayman slept through the night for the first!!! I had 6 hours straight sleep! I sure hope this is going to be a regular thing, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I've been trying to wake up in the early morning with Cayman and stay up no matter how much sleep I've not gotten. It's been tough but hopefully this is helping her get on a schedule. So during the day I play with her, we listen to children song CD's, watch baby Einstein, read books, bathe her, etc. When she takes one of her afternoon naps I'll try to get one in myself. Trying to do this schedule hasn't been easy because there's time I run on just 2 hours of sleep. But I realize trying to catch up on sleep for myself during the day hours is only encouraging Cayman to continue in her night owl schedule. A little sacrifice now can go a long ways later. So that's what we've been working on and I think we're maybe getting somewhere with it. Grandma Sue's been a big help. There were times she'd watch Cayman in the evening and I would sneak another nap in for myself.

Cayman's head has continuously, slowly decreased in size each day. I am not sure what her head measures today yet. By appearance, I think her head looks slightly bigger today. She was too wiggly to get an accurate measurment though. I thought I would wait later in the morning or day to measure again before I panic.

4 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad Kris that you were able to get sleep! I thought about you each & every time I woke up last night and first thing this morning. Give Cayman kisses & tell her what a wonderful blessing she is -since I am not able to. Have Cayman give her amazing mommy kisses too from me :0) ... Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Where's the pictures??? Camera broke??? Just teasin'. BUT we do really enjoy seeing the precious angel!

Sara said...

Sleep? lol. my son sleeps through the night..always has, butt thats because when he was born he had surgery and slept for a day straight then didnt have to worry about crying for food because they gave it to him through a tube every three hours. So he was kinda adjusted to sleeping through the night. When he came home he was on a feeding tube for three days and still didnt wake up for a bottle. He now sleeps from 9-5 or 6 and then he will go back to sleep till 9 then nap at noon. If im lucky lol. Babies have minds od thier own, especailly if they are in hospital alot its hard to keep them on the same schedual

Sarah M said...

Yay! Sleep is so amazing, isn't it? It is hard to deal with the lack of sleep and trying to get them on schedules and the sacrifice your own comfort. Good for you trying to make it work. Like you said, nothing is ever guaranteed, but you do the best you can and enjoy all the nights and hours of sleep you do get! I rejoice with you and totally understand!