A Poem

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ok, so my friend and hairdressor Jessie told me she loves it when I blog and blog often. So that's my main reason for so many posts in such a short time! :o) Just for you Jessie...so you better read it all now ...hehe

My beautiful blogging friend Kacey posted this poem on her site and wanted to be sure I read it! She thought it would provide the encouragement I had spoken I need in my earlier post. And it did! Thank you Kacey!!

I thought this poem was special and touching that it needed to be on my blog too!



A Special Child
by Sharon Harris


You weren't like other children,
And God was well aware,
You'd need a caring family,
With love enough to share.
And so He sent you to us,
And much to our surprise,
You haven't been a challenge,
But a blessing in disguise.
Your winning smiles and laughter,
The pleasures you impart,
Far outweigh your special needs,
And melt the coldest heart.
We're proud that we've been chosen,
To help you learn and grow,
The job that you have brought us,
Is more than you can know.
A precious gift from Heaven,
A treasure from above,
A child who's taught us many things,
But most of all- "Real Love

It takes me back to when I was pregnant. I went through a shallow phase where I felt more deserving than Britney Spears to be a mom and God gave her 2 kids born without any complications. My mother-in-law said something to me that I better understand now than I did then. She said "How much better care and love a child like Cayman will get with you and Mike. With Brittany how little of a chance in life they would have." Those might have not been her exact words, but it was something like that. I use to feel like I was being robbed of motherhood because I would have a special needs child. I feel so differently now! There was so much I did not understand. The way I see it is, I was not given just a regular baby...I was given a shooting star that stands out among the thousands.

9 Showin' Comment Love:

MJLRosebrook said...

YES, I'm reading! I just woke up and was glad to find more posts from you! Great poem! When is the upcoming benefit? Let me know more, word spreads fast at the salon.
Love, Jessie

Anonymous said...

I agree. You and Mike were chosen for a reason. God sent you a special angel that needs extra love and care and he simply chose the best parents he could find for the job. Feel blessed by it! God recognizes you as a very loving and nurturing couple :)
Hope

Anonymous said...

So well written - both the poem & you Kris! And - very true - Cayman is our bright and shinging star who has touched more lives than we will ever realize. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Poem!! I want to copy it off for the many I collect for my Shaley. You were CHOSEN because God wanted someone VERY special for a "SPECIAL child with needs".
Praying for you.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

KRIS! I love the poem...thanks for sharing it! and your words after it...Cayman is a shooting star, and her story along with you and mike I know has touched many ppl you don't even know! there are some ppl in my small group here at OSU who read your blog...and tell me all the time how inspired they are by your faith in God! Cayman's story is touching so many lives! and yes...how come i have not heard about his benefit yet?? I want to be there for my baby niece! I love you, and i hope you have an amazing day!! I'm constantly praying for you mike and Cayman!! :):)

Anonymous said...

I love that poem:) She is soooo lucky to have you guys!!!!! I am glad she does too:)
Give her a hug from me...She can never have enough!!!!!!! Even from strangers!!! Ha, Ha....

Kacey Bode said...

I went through that time too. I resented women who had 16 kids and all were healthy, and people like Britney too : ) People would tell "God only gives special babies to special mommies," and "God doesn't give you more than you can handle," and it would make me so mad. BUT, I guess it's the truth. Except I feel like I am the lucky one, not Ella. My life is so much more full and meaningful now that she is in my life!! I know you feel the same way, and I love the shooting star comment, it's so true!!!

Love!

Lisa Christine said...

OK....I love that poem and I am stealing it for my blog too...I hope that's alright.

I love that Cayman is your "shooting star" What a blessing she is.

And your mom was right. A child like Cayman needed parents like you and Mike....I am sure you were hand picked :)

Anonymous said...

“A meeting was held quite far from Earth!
It’s time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the LORD above,
This Special Child will need much love.

Her progress may be very slow,
Accomplishments she may not show.
And she’ll require extra care
From the folks she meets down there.

So let’s be careful where she’s sent,
We want her life to be content.
Please LORD, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.

They will not realize right away
The leading role they’re asked to play,
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.

And soon they’ll know the privilege given
In caring for their gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
Is HEAVEN’S VERY SPECIAL CHILD.”