Visitors

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mike and I wanted to be sure to let everyone know we are up for visitors and so is Cayman. In fact Cayman greatly encourages it!!!! She is allowed two visitors into the NICU. Even though I've been discharged from the hospital we will be in Ann Arbor until she comes home. I'm sure at some point we'll make a day trip back home to take care of personal things, bills, etc. But if you want to visit, even this weekend call us or email. Please just don't come sick. Cayman needs to stay well so she can go home, and Daddy and Mommy need to stay well so we can be with her as much as possible. My cold symptoms are getting better, but still uncomfortable. I'm sure this dry hospital air doesn't help. I wear a mask each time I'm in the NICU. Please pray for Mike. He thought he might be coming down with it now. It could just be pure exhaustion. When Cayman was born he had been awake for about 37 hours because he had worked friday night, we went to the hospital Saturday morning, Cayman was born that night, and it was not until around 5 a.m. Sunday morning when he finally was able lay down to sleep. And even that sleep that he's gotten from then to now is so broken up and unrestful for this Daddy that just wants so badly to fix everything that is broken for his little girl.

Cayman has such a zealous for life. Yesterday for her Cardiac MRI, she had to be given anaesthetic to paralyze her for the scan. When she was coming out of it, but her body was still paralyzed she kept opening her eyes. And since the medication was still pretty strong in her body she could not voluntarily close her eyes. The nurse kept closing Cayman's eyes for her but she would soon pop her beautiful peepers open again. I just think she doesn't want to miss a thing. She wants to live life so badly. She's been through so much already. More than most in their life and she is doing so well through it all. Mike and I are just amazed as we watch this little girl's inspiring will to strive and make her mark in this world.

3 Showin' Comment Love:

Anonymous said...

I would love to come visit!! Once Cayman is home and I can hold her and love on her - I'll come visit! I can't wait so tell her to get well so aunt Tammi can come see her! :O) We love you guys! Call me if you need anything!

Lisa Christine said...

What a brave, strong, and inspiring little girl you have!

tharker said...

Your sweet little family is my thoughts and prayers Kristen. Cayman sounds like a little fighter. Thank you for updating..even for us perfect strangers.